Siamese Fighting Fish (betta?) Help!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

sammilady

Reaction score
Hello, i am very new to all this and a little worried about my male siamese fighting fish. i started my aquarium three weeks ago, and added a few fish to start with, guppies, and my fighting fish, who was a very dark blue . i have just looked at him and he is loosing his colour, his face has gone from black to grey and he does not seem so active . can anyone offer me some advice as i ithink i am loosing him?
many thanks,

Hello, i am very new to all this and a little worried about my male siamese fighting fish. i started my aquarium three weeks ago, and added a few fish to start with, guppies, and my fighting fish, who was a very dark blue . i have just looked at him and he is loosing his colour, his face has gone from black to grey and he does not seem so active . can anyone offer me some advice as i ithink i am loosing him?
many thanks,

more info needed. tank size? temprature? water stats? is he eating alright? is he pooing ok? does he flare at his reflecton? does he have stress lines?

guppies dont make good tank mates for bettas of either sex. they can be nippy towards each other, and male bettas can be esspecialy aggressive to them as they are highly coloured.

did you cycle the tank before you put any fish into it?

mine did that too before i found this website, got him out in enough time before he died though, i was lucky, he was very close to dieing i suspected

he is now doing fine though!

paul

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back