shrimps

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I'm going to be looking for one myself. I bought 5 Ghost Shrimp last week and need to get something with iodine. I'm considering this for the shrimp. I've used Kent products in the past and they seem to work well. And according to this site, small concentrations of iodine are usually beneficial as well. So pretty much just don't over use the stuff (;like anything else you add to an aquarium) and nothing bad will happen. :)

The Kents Super Iodine is the same thing they recommend at www.azgardens.com only they sell theirs for $7.99. They say they use 1/2 teaspoon per 25 gallon once a month in their nursery. I've just got to decide if I want to try ordering shrimp online or not.

You could probably find it even cheaper than that if you looked around hard enough. I haven't looked too closely myself. I think my LFS has it for $5 but I'll have to go and see.

hmm iodine :) i tried looking for aquarium iodine additives but couldn't find any, those products might be too specialized and so are unavailable here locally, is there harm in using normal iodine ? ummm.... dunno where im gonna get some.. drug store maybe ? :) hmm i think im gonna have to buy another tank just for my shrimp :D hehe

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back