Shrimp Id Please

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

malfunction

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hi,

I was rearranging my shrimp tank the other day when I came across two shrimp I definitely didn't buy. I think they may have been stowaways on one of the plants. Can anyone tell me what they are?

Here's one of them:
image.jpg

Thanks

Very hard to tell from the picture but it does look like amano.

Sorry about the photo quality - I'm not great at taking pictures!

Having googled amano shrimp, I think that's what these little guys are. Thanks for the assist

Could also be a male cherry shrimp?

these guys look like that too.

How big is this shrimp in the pic?

And ho long have you had this shrimp, am asking to see if have an idea if this is an adult or juvie.

Amanos are much larger than cherry shrimps so that should be a clue

Looks like a "wild" cherry shrimp. What type of shrimp do you have in your tank?

Ch4rlie said:
Could also be a male cherry shrimp?

these guys look like that too.

How big is this shrimp in the pic?

And ho long have you had this shrimp, am asking to see if have an idea if this is an adult or juvie.

Amanos are much larger than cherry shrimps so that should be a clue
I've only had these shrimp for a couple of months (got them from a friend), so no idea how old they are. They are about twice as big as the red cherry shrimp though.

l_l_l said:
Looks like a "wild" cherry shrimp. What type of shrimp do you have in your tank?
There are some red cherry shrimp in the tank, but they're much smaller than these guys.

Cherry shrimp don't tend to have distinct stripes running down the length of them, my bet is still on them being Anamo.

from what he's told now, I'm almost 100% positive these are amanos.
But quite clear tho.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back