Shrimp Food with 9% Protein?

MuddyWaters

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I got some free shrimp food with a recent shipment that has 9% protein, 30% crude fiber, and 5% fat. Aren't shrimp a lot like fish and need food with 40%+ protein? It's a big bag of food- would last a long time, but I'm reluctant to use it.

use it as part of a varied diet.

what are the ingredients?
It doesn't say. It came free with some shrimp I got from "Shrimp Space." It's different packaging than they have on their site. The shrimp are deep red and I got them via Amazon, so shipping was free, which is nice. I ordered 20, 21 arrived alive and 2 were dead, so worked out well. Just not sure about the food.

spacefood.jpg

Shrimps protein needs are lower than fishes... 40% is used for breeding purposes. Normally 20% is enough as part of a varied diet.

(FYI)

Hikari Shrimp Cuisine - minimum 40% protein
Hikari Crab Cuisine - minimum 30% protein
Hikari Algae Wafers - minimum 30% protein
None of my other containers of things I feed my shrimp specify.

oh good! That bag has enough food for 1000 years LOL. My Hikari Shrimp Cuisine is a tiny pouch and I'm nowhere near done with it.

oh good! That bag has enough food for 1000 years LOL. My Hikari Shrimp Cuisine is a tiny pouch and I'm nowhere near done with it.
take some of the food out and put it in a small container. Seal the main bag up and get the air out of it. Put that in a couple more bags and get the air out of them. Then freeze it until you need it later on.

take some of the food out and put it in a small container. Seal the main bag up and get the air out of it. Put that in a couple more bags and get the air out of them. Then freeze it until you need it later on.
OH! good idea- thanks, Colin_T

Most reactions

Back