Shrimp And Endlers

fish.com1

Fishaholic
Joined
Jul 20, 2008
Messages
424
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Yorkshire
Hi everyone,

In my 35 litre i am hopefully going to be having some endlers livebearers and some snowball shrimp. I was wondering if endlers need mature tanks? If so how long before i can introduce them to my tank? I am letting the tank mature for a month before i add the shrimp, and the filter for the tank is fully matured after running in my other tank for 2 months. I set up the 35 litre with everything bar the filter last saturday to give the plants time to grow and to let the tank mature. How long before i can add the endlers?

I am hoping to breed the shrimp and the endlers too so how many endlers would be a good number to start with for a 35 litre with a ratio of 1 male to every 2 females?
And does it matter which I introduce into the tank first?

Thanks everyone.
 
Hi everyone,

In my 35 litre i am hopefully going to be having some endlers livebearers and some snowball shrimp. I was wondering if endlers need mature tanks? If so how long before i can introduce them to my tank? I am letting the tank mature for a month before i add the shrimp, and the filter for the tank is fully matured after running in my other tank for 2 months. I set up the 35 litre with everything bar the filter last saturday to give the plants time to grow and to let the tank mature. How long before i can add the endlers?

I am hoping to breed the shrimp and the endlers too so how many endlers would be a good number to start with for a 35 litre with a ratio of 1 male to every 2 females?
And does it matter which I introduce into the tank first?

Thanks everyone.


as long as tank is cycled then u can add the fish however u like.

i would say just go with 2 males and 4 females.

ull have plenty of young before you know it any way
 
so considering the filter is mature but the tank isn't should i be ok to add the endlers soon?
 
so considering the filter is mature but the tank isn't should i be ok to add the endlers soon?


as long as the tank is fully cycled then not a rpoblem

Sorry i haven't explained what i have done well enough. my fault. I put the filter for the 35 litre tank in my other mature tank so it can "clone" and build up all the good bacteria.; I did this at the start of december so it is now 3 months mature and good to go. Meanwhile last weekend i set up the 35l tank to give the plants time to grow etc. So i didn't do a fishless cycle so the tank isn't cycled but the filter is.

So considering the filter is 3 months mature but the tank is only a week old and not mature should i be ok to next weekend put the mature filter in the 35l tank(if all water parameters are good) and then add the endlers?
 
so considering the filter is mature but the tank isn't should i be ok to add the endlers soon?


as long as the tank is fully cycled then not a rpoblem

Sorry i haven't explained what i have done well enough. my fault. I put the filter for the 35 litre tank in my other mature tank so it can "clone" and build up all the good bacteria.; I did this at the start of december so it is now 3 months mature and good to go. Meanwhile last weekend i set up the 35l tank to give the plants time to grow etc. So i didn't do a fishless cycle so the tank isn't cycled but the filter is.

So considering the filter is 3 months mature but the tank is only a week old and not mature should i be ok to next weekend put the mature filter in the 35l tank(if all water parameters are good) and then add the endlers?


ok ive got you now lol

my bad

right add filter then leave it 24hours check water parameters, ie ammonia,no2,no3,ph

and if all is well then add fish
 
so considering the filter is mature but the tank isn't should i be ok to add the endlers soon?


as long as the tank is fully cycled then not a rpoblem

Sorry i haven't explained what i have done well enough. my fault. I put the filter for the 35 litre tank in my other mature tank so it can "clone" and build up all the good bacteria.; I did this at the start of december so it is now 3 months mature and good to go. Meanwhile last weekend i set up the 35l tank to give the plants time to grow etc. So i didn't do a fishless cycle so the tank isn't cycled but the filter is.

So considering the filter is 3 months mature but the tank is only a week old and not mature should i be ok to next weekend put the mature filter in the 35l tank(if all water parameters are good) and then add the endlers?


ok ive got you now lol

my bad

right add filter then leave it 24hours check water parameters, ie ammonia,no2,no3,ph

and if all is well then add fish
Thanks. Sorry about that.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top