Shower Water Safe?

crackmonkey

Fish Crazy
Joined
Jul 3, 2005
Messages
309
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Great Britain, England
Must be something wrong with the boiler, I can't get hotwater from the taps. So is it safe tofill the bucket then top it up with hot shower water?
 
Rub the nozzle while it running to make sure you have rub shampoo off and things, should be ok.
 
I don't use hot water as it all comes from a grim tank up in the loft. I wait for the cold water to reach room temperature, and then add a little kettle water.
 
I always use bathtub water, its the only bathroom close to mine...
 
I've heard that a lot of fungus' and bacteria colonize shower heads. I seem to remember that it is actually a little dangerous to take a shower if the shower has not been used in a long time. Definitly let the water run for a minute before using it.
 
I use my shower to refill my tanks
I do not use the shower head.
I use a shower hose that was purchased specifically for this and has been adapted to fit a garden hose, again purchased specifically for the fish tanks.
 
I seem to remember that it is actually a little dangerous to take a shower if the shower has not been used in a long time.

Perhaps you should wash more :P

Ive used the shower before... found it helpful to set the temperature closer to that of that tank. Fish have been happy so far.

Squid
 
Our shower runs from a mixer tap that also fills the bath, you set it to either run the bath or shower when you run the water.

Like Squid, i run the taps to get the temp approx the same, then fill my bucket!

Also, our water is heated as needed through a boiler, so no stupid holding tanks in the loft!
 
I've always used my showerhead to refill buckets for donkeys years now) - I have a combi boiler :)
 

Most reactions

Back
Top