Show Off Your Fish

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Female Bettas who said they weren't pretty!
GEDC4271.jpg

GEDC4280.jpg

GEDC4282.jpg

Dumbo/Big Eared Betta
581323_10151124900358452_632818451_13305218_1995411392_n.jpg

Bristlenoses :D
Young Male
564297_10151124896798452_632818451_13305214_1356752774_n.jpg

Wild Adult Male
318191_10151124895773452_632818451_13305213_1754005469_n.jpg

Dumbo betta? Now that's awesome! Though it looks more like a butterfly than an elephant. lol.

Dumbo betta? Now that's awesome! Though it looks more like a butterfly than an elephant. lol.

Gorgeous isn't he :D there known as big ears else where hence where Dumbo came from, so elegant to watch :good:
Yeah, I've just researched those. Seems like they cost a lot more (someone was trying to sell one for 100 pounds o_O)
I wish I took better care of those 4 bettas I had, despite being mad at them for killing so many fish of mine... -.- but they'd be dead by this day anyway. Even the last pair's spawn failed to hatch.

I paid £20 for this chap, its a matter of shopping about and availablility i suppose :)
They had cheap ones of different kinds (not sure if this kind too) but there was a catch: the poor critters were kept in extremely small plastic cups, some died... Then, last time I went there to get a plant, not only was I disappointed because their plants were damaged beyond repair and algae-ridden, but they had a half-torn betta thrown over the sink... But no more plastic cups, just a betta in a bowl with some nice plants and a small filter... I hope they never bring back the cups, no matter how cheap they sold the fish...
Btw, this is the type of cup I'm talking about, only shorter:
24oz_clear_plastic_cup.jpg

This is why I prefer to go to that qualified pet shop I get my stuff from. Because the mall shop just sucks, fails to give proper information, keeps too many fish in small spaces and has horrible-looking breeds of fish and doesn't keep them properly either.

I know exactly what you mean although over here I personally have never seen them used, most our stores have special barrack systems for there bettas these days :)

I know exactly what you mean although over here I personally have never seen them used, most our stores have special barrack systems for there bettas these days :)
Maybe some day I'll use that new tank for a small betta imbellis colony (assuming those can be kept in colonies, dense vegetation and 3 feet length space provided) along with bronze cories.

Some pics of my fishes:
guppies:
IMG_0105.jpg

IMG_0100.jpg

IMG_0101.jpg

IMG_0102.jpg

IMG_0103.jpg

espeis:
IMG_0111.jpg

IMG_0110.jpg

IMG_0107.jpg

Bolivians:
Here's the dominant one, I think he's male:
IMG_0092.jpg

Then the one I think is female:
IMG_0095.jpg

awesome fish espesially the ram :good: :good:

And are those Harloquen Rasbowes?

i know i spelled that wrong

Anyway AMAZING fish.

I'm still not keen on those things, even though they are filtered, which is better than a plastic cup. I much prefer them to be in tanks with other species. One of my least favourite LFS actually does have some of its better bettas ( :hey: ) in individual 30l orb tanks (like a biorb, but without the stupid centre thingy)

awesome fish espesially the ram :good: :good:

And are those Harloquen Rasbowes?

i know i spelled that wrong

Anyway AMAZING fish.

No they're espeis rasboras.

And those guppies are rare yellow pingu guppies.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back