Show me your fishroom

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

you never know...part of the challenge is to take a good picture

be sure to include a validation photo with the note in front of your pet
It's not whether you win or lose that is important..what's important is that you participate in our contests ;)
its all about the contests for you lol.

i didn't know you could enter fish in competitions! Where do I sign up? and more important question, is there a cash prize? these fish have started making me go broke
ohh nice! now i want halfbeaks, goodeids, wild swordtails, wild guppies and wild endlers...
I've keep/kept all of them species most interesting are the goodeids

i didn't know you could enter fish in competitions! Where do I sign up? and more important question, is there a cash prize? these fish have started making me go broke
Hahaha... yes, keeping fish do cost money... :)
No, thereĀ“s no money to win at competitions. ItĀ“s more the honour and a trophee you can win.
IĀ“ve been judging livebearers in Germany and in Holland at championships. And also IĀ“ve had my own entries at such events. And yes, I also had a number of winners. ItĀ“s really fun to do. Just this past year no shows have been set up because of the covid-19 situation. Well, so why don't you try to put some entries in when a show shows up again and when the quality of your fish are good enough to do so.

my latest fishroom /shed I built 3-years ago, fed up with my old shop-bought shed I lost count of cost and time wasted doing repairs over the years with rotten floor boards and timber framing forever collapsing however it did last about 17 years , So I specially designed my new fish room to last ,

i built the shed with extra and stronger timbers, 4 inch thick polystyrene sheeting, inside walls plastic cladding, double glazed door and window, concrete base, uprights and racking concrete blocks and concrete lintels,
View attachment 127179 View attachment 127181
Hecknow that is dedication too extremes not unlike my workshop. Nice layout and very therapeutic I expect.

you can find almost any fish on the internet
yes, but sadly shipping fee iis like 30usd... i mean id totally want a nice dragon scale betta for 3.99 usd!

my latest fishroom /shed I built 3-years ago, fed up with my old shop-bought shed I lost count of cost and time wasted doing repairs over the years with rotten floor boards and timber framing forever collapsing however it did last about 17 years , So I specially designed my new fish room to last ,

i built the shed with extra and stronger timbers, 4 inch thick polystyrene sheeting, inside walls plastic cladding, double glazed door and window, concrete base, uprights and racking concrete blocks and concrete lintels,
View attachment 127179 View attachment 127181
This is my dream, how totally amazing! Well done you, I bet you spend 99% of your free time in there.... I would.

This is my dream, how totally amazing! Well done you, I bet you spend 99% of your free time in there.... I would.
yes with a large collection of thanks and fish a lot of time and dedication goes into it I have had the fish keeping bug since the 70s when you get past 60 thanks you know you're really hooked lol

After a 20 year hiatus, I decided to get back into the hobby. The stand and sump filter are custom built and despite my worst effort, it came out pretty nice :) I am currently cycling the tank.

The driftwood was dead shrubs collected on a trail behind my house, I am quite pleased on how it came out but will take it slow when I start adding fish just to be sure the tank is healthy. I also need a planting strategy, I did add some Eco complete to the substrate.

The main tank, 75 gallon, will be a Tiger barb tank, The 29 gallon tank will be German Rams and maybe a couple Angels, the 20 gallon on the end will be a shrimp tank. The sump filter should be able to handle all three tanks but I may have to add a separate filter for the Rams.

Mark

Attachments

• 20210124_073513.jpg
    20210124_073513.jpg
    373 KB · Views: 71
  • 20210124_073618.jpg
    20210124_073618.jpg
    264.4 KB · Views: 71
  • 20210124_073643.jpg
    20210124_073643.jpg
    386.8 KB · Views: 73
  • 20210124_073655.jpg
    20210124_073655.jpg
    418.7 KB · Views: 63
  • 20210124_073704.jpg
    20210124_073704.jpg
    424.1 KB · Views: 62
  • 20210125_111529.jpg
    20210125_111529.jpg
    181.5 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
I started out with a 54litre tank in 2015 and than about 2 years later added a 32litre one.
In March 2020 my hobby and fish keeping interest really kicked off.
I got my self a 150 litre and just 2 months later a 320 litre tank.

I looove my 320l, its so much fun to scape.

After "the big boil of November" (my heater malfunctioned and more or less cooked 90% of my fish) I had a long hard look at my tanks and decided to downsize.

I sold my 150l and moved my focus over to my 3 remaining tanks.

Now just 3 months later im having to borrow my very good friends 140 litre tank to house my new breeding project ?. (Thank you again @EllRog )

Im very proud of my fishroom and I love coming up with new scapes and ideas.
I do try to not test my fish's patience to much though haha.

Aaaanyway, here are some pics of my fishroom.
I really wanna see all of your tank, it looks beautiful!

I really wanna see all of your tank, it looks beautiful!
Thank you so much.
I work hard on my tanks so its always nice to get some positive feedback on them.

Im currently rescaping my big tank (the 320 litre one) but will post pictures when the plants have grown a bit more.
It looks a bit bare at the moment, my female betta's are not happy :rofl:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back