Should We Have Both Filter Bubbles And Air Pump On At Same Time?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Tazzytigz

Reaction score
My partner and I can not see eye to eye on if to have the bubbles on at the filter and air bubbles on at same time over night. I fear that having both on at separate sides of the tank will create too much of a current for our tropical fish, I was wondering if anyone else has any ideas of the mater and could give me some advice? Thanks

What kind of filter is it. You don't need extra aeration with many filter types.

I have both a external filter & a 8inch long air stone as a bubble curtain at the back of my tank, but this is more for decoration & runs 24/7 to no I'll effect

If your filter flow is creating a nice ripple effect on the surface of the water then that will suffice as aeration, no problem. Your bubble curtain is simply a decoration. If there's no rippling then your bubbles will be doing some decorating and aeration duties!

It's an Fluval U2 I think for a 75 litre anyway but noticed that our plants weren't looking great but maybe it was because to much light at the time. It would be nice to get rid of the air pump because it is really noisey.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

No members online now.
Back