Should It Stay Or Should It Go?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

denis coghlan

Fishaholic
Reaction score
This snails was a stowaway on a plant that I picked up today, I didn't notice it until I was doing a water change and there is was. I have never had snails before so I have a couple of questions.

From rains very well put together pinned article I am assuming that it is a Bladder/Tadpole/Pouch Snails - Family Physidae.

My questions are,
Does this species of snail benefit a tank?
and
From peoples experience should I bin this fella before it starts doing the nasty and making more of its self?

Tanks

DSCF2331.jpg

DSCF2330.jpg

DSCF2341.jpg

Also please let me know if I have got the identification correct!

If you have no algea problems then i would say dump it or you could keep it in the tank and let it eat some algea and debree. I fould one and then suddenly four more the same size in my tank so they must have hidden in the plants really well. I let them clean some alges before i dumped or crushed them.
:D

d'aww hee
i was watching my tank (lovengly as i do lol) and i saw a small snail just like this wondering along the glass XD i thought...hmm i didnt buy you?

im amazed that it has survived a total overhaul/new gravel and the hoover and is now the grand size of 1.5cm :D he dosnt seem to cause trouble so hes perfectly welcome in my tank with my apples, ramshorns and nerite :D

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back