Should I

I changed my mind about my final plan 2 mollies, 4 bettas, and 2 otos. And yes I use the one inch per gallon rule but sometimes it get annoying like everyone on here bugging me about everything. (I didnt say that :whistle: )

Just for the record, I am not trying to bug you. I am trying to help you get a tank that will work for the fish, and for you. You came onto a fish board, so obviously you are going to be advised about what is best for the fish. Most people on here will probably tell you that Mollies will not be happy, full grown, in a 10 gallon. Especially with all those other fish.

Also, Be careful with your Otos...they are very sensitive to water conditions, and to keep good water conditions in that tank with all those fish, you will need to do water changes frequently.

Since you do use the inch per gallon rule (Usually), it doesn't even work out that way.

Mollies = 8"
Female Bettas = 8"
Otos = 3"

19".

Again, I am NOT picking on you. I am trying to help you do what is going be best for your fish. :)

Edit: I would see no problem with just the female Bettas and Otos in that tank. It's the Mollies that are the problem. They are going to get pretty big, and they are not a slim 4" either...

What if I sell my danios and move my fish from my 20 gallon to a ten gallon. And then put the bettas, mollies, and otos in the 20 gallon. Do you think that would work?

Yes, I do.

Moving the 20 gallon fish to the 10 gallon will be fine. Except for the Pleco. What kind is he?

Mollies will be MUCH happier in a 20 gallon. :D And I'm sure the female Bettas will appreciate the extra room. Especially since they will have more room to stake out their territories and/or hiding places.

Another possibility, if you have 2 10 gallons (Which it kind of sounds like you do...), would be:

10 Gallon:
Female Bettas
Cories

10 Gallon:
Guppies - could get a few more Guppies
Otos

20 Gallon:
Mollies
Danios
Pleco (maybe, depending on the type)
Cories

You could switch the Otos and Cories around in the 2 10s if you wanted too, also.

:thumbs:

My pleco is a common and I know he will get big but when he does I have 3 plans for him:

1. Put In Pond
2. Give To Uncle Don
3. Give To Friend

I'll try the split up the already made groups of fish idea.

is it a normal pond? or is it ur own little koi like pond. i would be sad if i ever had to throw one of my fish in the pond. i'd say give it to uncle don, he seems to take good care of fish.

And how do you know that oppositearmor?lol

Just kidding Im pretty sure hes starting a Oscar tank. Its going to be 200 gallons because he was a few Oscars. I was planning to give him to my Uncle Don any way.

I think your 'final' plan with the 2 mollies (both females I hope) and 2 otos would have been quite a good one.
It could actualy be a premanent setup, though slightly over-stocked and somewhat crowded. It's a compromise.

The other, re-aranging, plan is even better. I'd be a little worried about the cories in the 10 gallon but it would be ok if they aren't too many.

It's good to see you doing what's best for the fish :)

Actually to make that plan work I have to get more cories because I had 3 of different types and the albino died last night. So all I have are a peppered and a bronze. So I'll do the re-arranging plan. But I might some thing else on a different thread.

What is the other plan you are thinking of trying?

And I'm a bit confused as to what fish you have, and what is going where... :blink:

10 Gallon:
Female Bettas
Cories

10 Gallon:
Guppies - could get a few more Guppies
Otos

20 Gallon:
Mollies
Danios
Pleco (maybe, depending on the type)
Cories

Ah, okay, the one I gave you. I think that should work out quite well. I would not put the Mollies and Bettas together, because the Mollies may start picking on the Betta's fins. Bettas and Cories work very well together. I'd just have 3 Cories in a 10 gallon. Maybe C. Aeneus, since they are slightly smaller. Or Pygmy Cories if you can find them. :)

Mollies and Danios will work out well too. If your Mollies do have any fry, the Danios might have a snack on them...so if you want fry, I would not keep them together.

The 20 Gallon should work well though...you have top, middle, and bottom fish...so that will be a nice community. And I'm glad you have a back-up plan for the Pleco. :thumbs:

And even if the mollies and bettas got along I couldnt keep them together without getting another 20 gallon. Because the danios need to stay in the 20 gallon I have since there so hyper.

Most reactions

Back