Should I Write To The Manufacturer?

well they want me to send the hood to them, so they can investigate further. :(

hopefully I can have a new tank and some compensation lol. :crazy:


do everything by recorded delivery, even special delivery if you can budget for it, i doubt if anything will go wrong, but better to keep copies of everything just incase,again good luck,they should be looking at replacing the lot and your fish

shelagh xxxx
 
do everything by recorded delivery, even special delivery if you can budget for it, i doubt if anything will go wrong, but better to keep copies of everything just incase,again good luck,they should be looking at replacing the lot and your fish

shelagh xxxx

yes, i will do. and they'll be paying the postage costs. :hey:
 
do everything by recorded delivery, even special delivery if you can budget for it, i doubt if anything will go wrong, but better to keep copies of everything just incase,again good luck,they should be looking at replacing the lot and your fish

shelagh xxxx

yes, i will do. and they'll be paying the postage costs. :hey:

omg, What did you do too that hood Matt you sick..............I have, well HAD one of those tanks the 60 version, and the hood is so flimsy. Its made out of carboard or something along those lines :D
 
omg, What did you do too that hood Matt you sick..............I have, well HAD one of those tanks the 60 version, and the hood is so flimsy. Its made out of carboard or something along those lines :D

haha, dirty boy :P
 
You have done the right thing.

Happened to my Aunt when she setup a new tank. but the whole hood melted and smoked up the house.
She couldn't take it back to the original LFS, so the LFS sent her the replacement with a credit note to spend in her nearest LFS. Which was very nice of them.
 
hey guys, bit of an update :D

they asked me to send them the hood so that they could "investigate further". I asked them if I the address I was going to send it to was correct, but got no reply. So I sent it anyway. Sent the hood over a week ago, and then e-mailed them saying I had sent the hood and asking them to confirm when it arrived.

I got no reply so I sent them another e-mail asking what was happening. Still no reply. So I just sent them a snot-o-gram complaining, see if that gets a reply.

Any advice on what I should do? I now have a tank with no hood sitting in my room. :(
 
what about the e-mail they sent you? theres normally a name and number in their signature?

Othere than that write a letter stating you are unhappy about the service ect and again mention the £40 it's cost but make sure its sent recorded delivery. Wait a week or so (after you know they have recieved it) if theres still no answer get down to the citizens advice bureau, they should give you a couple of companies to contact that will sort them out :good:
 
what about the e-mail they sent you? theres normally a name and number in their signature?

Othere than that write a letter stating you are unhappy about the service ect and again mention the £40 it's cost but make sure its sent recorded delivery. Wait a week or so (after you know they have recieved it) if theres still no answer get down to the citizens advice bureau, they should give you a couple of companies to contact that will sort them out :good:

nope, only had the persons name. :(

If I don't get a reply from this e-mail, i'll send a letter to the same address that I sent the hood. I have no idea what a citizens advice bureau is, though. :blush:
 
the citizens advice bureau help solve matters like this, they basically investigate and ensure traders are trading fairly and not breaking any laws (like unselling unfit for use hoods and going quiet on you)

They carry alot of weight just mentioning it to bad traders is sometimes enough to get them to wake up and take note
 
Ahh, my mate is going to talk to a Hagen manager! :D

It's good having connections. :shifty:
 

Most reactions

Back
Top