Should I Write To The Manufacturer?

Esfa

Shrimpy Shrimp
Joined
Apr 20, 2007
Messages
2,585
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Andover
So I've been having loads of deaths in my new tank...

I couldnt figure it out at all, but now I think i have.

i lifted the lid and noticed that this liquid stuff was running out of the light fitting and into the water. after about 5 mins of the light being off, it started to solidify.

pics:
004-3.jpg


006-3.jpg


008-3.jpg


009-4.jpg


could this be killing my fish and shrimp?!
if there is copper in it, obviously the shrimp will die... but yeh.

so... wth is it?! the tank is about 2 months old.

should i write to the manufaturer?
 
Yep, sounds like its broken, i know i would
 
just worked it out... it's killed about £40 worth of fish.
 
just worked it out... it's killed about £40 worth of fish.

Get on to them
I'm guessing thats the bulb it came with and everything is the same as when you got it.
They have to do something about it... if they don't then just keep on their case. phone calls, emails, letters! They will get annoyed with you in the end and sort it out :P

£40, thats a lot of money, make sure you get that in your letter a long with a dead fish if you have one... thet will scare them when they open it!
hahaha :sly:
 
I would certainly rite to them. especially if its still in warrenty. i know i did and a got a whole new unit free from Juwel, didnt have same problem tho. if it is their fault you might get the £40 back if your lucky

also make sure you send the pictures
 
My guess is it's some kinda adhesive or sealant since it's at the fixture base to the housing. I would definately replace it now. Good luck.
 
Light tubes contain amongst other things, mercury that is poisonous to fish and humans even in small doses. Handle that liquod with care, it may pose a risk to your health

Send photos of the issue with a letter to their main office. Keep a copy for yourself and keep a note of any and all correspondance you send and recie from them. Write-up any phoecalls also. It gives you stuff to fall back on later. Include a list of the fish you recon it's killed, with the cost you paid, and a photocopy of your purchase recipt.

Best of luck dealing with this.

Bag up the light unit and tube, and keep it untill you know if the manufacturer needed to see it. Avoid any of that liquid getting into the environment, as it is possible very hazordous :nod:

All the best
Rabbut
 
cheers guys.

bloody hell rabbut, i didnt think of that! :crazy: :crazy:

I've written to them, and i've tried to make it sound nice but with an aggressive undertone to it. :lol:

I'll take some pics of two dead shrimp i have today.

cheers again. :good:
 
It isn't nesissarily from the tube, in fact I'd guess it isn't, but better safe than sorry. Untill you are sure where it is comming from, handel it with extream care :nod:

All the best
Rabbut
 
To whom it may concern,

I bought an Elite Style35 aquarium on 25th April 2008 from Porton Pet and Aquatics. It has been working perfectly, until recently I have been having deaths of tank inhabitants. I have checked the fittings on the end of the lights, and although the water seal is fitted correctly, and the product is only 2 months old, there is damage to it. It is producing some sort of discharge, that has been leaking into the water. I am guessing that this is what has been killing off my fish. The problem has killed off over £40 worth of fish and invertebrates in my aquarium, and I have to say that I am none too happy about this. I have also been informed that this liquid could contain mercury, which can be hazardous to my health as well as my fish. Therefore I have found this situation very stressful.

Here are links to pictures of the problem, including some pictures of some dead Cherry Shrimp (Neocaridina denticulata sinensis):
[URL="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v630/mat...dcock/004-3.jpg"]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v630/mat...dcock/004-3.jpg[/URL]

[URL="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v630/mat...dcock/006-3.jpg"]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v630/mat...dcock/006-3.jpg[/URL]

[URL="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v630/mat...dcock/008-3.jpg"]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v630/mat...dcock/008-3.jpg[/URL]

[URL="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v630/mat...dcock/009-4.jpg"]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v630/mat...dcock/009-4.jpg[/URL]

Thank you for reading my concerns. As this aquarium is new, I would like a refund or a replacement. I would also like some compensation for the death of my aquarium inhabitants.

Does this sound okay? I've never done this sorta thing before. :lol:

Edit: Yeh, there's no pic of the shrimp yet lol
 
oh god, that dont look good at all, and sorry about your fish, get on to them straight away send a letter( keep a copy of it) by recorded delivery along with photographic evidence. but dont send the unit back yet! not until the acknpwledge that there is a problem with it ( they maybe tempted to lose it)
but your in the right here, good luck m8.........put it out of the way for now,safe

shelagh xxxx
 
oh god, that dont look good at all, and sorry about your fish, get on to them straight away send a letter( keep a copy of it) by recorded delivery along with photographic evidence. but dont send the unit back yet! not until the acknpwledge that there is a problem with it ( they maybe tempted to lose it)
but your in the right here, good luck m8.........put it out of the way for now,safe

shelagh xxxx


well i'm going to e-mail them first and then see where that goes. :good:
 
well they want me to send the hood to them, so they can investigate further. :(

hopefully I can have a new tank and some compensation lol. :crazy:
 

Most reactions

Back
Top