Should I Still Keep My Chinese Algae Eater?

AquaPit

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Currently I have two Gold Chinese Algae Eater. They are housed with Neon Tetras, Corys and Electric Blue Rams, etc in a 47litres tank. They are now about 4-5 inches long (approx. 9-12cm).

If removing them, what other fish that can settle the algae(not that my tank is full algae! Haha)

Attachments

• 20131102_125533.jpg
    20131102_125533.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 210
Remove him. If algae becomes a problem ( doubtful ) get some shrimp or snails.

An FYI- corydoras depending on the species may be unsuitable for your tank. The rams are unsuitable for your tank. Th neons are a push. What numbers are they?

2 medium-sized algae-eaters (G.sinensis) in 1 tank? Have they shown aggression to each or other tankmates yet? If not, then i'd say a miracle.

They should be kept singly in a community setting unless it's a species tank.

I'd also vote for you to get a snail

Well CAE get to 7 inch plus so they need to be removed. Once they are fully grown they become territorial and may take a liking to the eyes and scales of your other fish. Your tank is very overstocked right now.

Unless your corydoras are pygmy corydoras I would personally say none of your fish are suitable for your tank.

If the picture is of your tank then I see balloon German Blue Rams, Platies and possibly Swordtails but no Neons or Electric Blue Rams......

But SAEs are also too big for 41 litres. I'm another advocate for a snail in that sized tank. A nerite would do the job well.

I would recommend getting snails, just about any type will eat algae. Nerites are ok , can be escape artists though, MTS has added benefit of helping aerate your substrate as well as munching on algae.

Shrimps might be another option too. Amanos are good at cleaning algae.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back