Should I Put Out Of Misery

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Dibbs123

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Just sucked up a Harlquin whne doing a gravel vac. Gone through a hose out to my patio. mangaed to get it but dorsal fin badly damaged and is now hiding in the cornor of the tank.

Probably shocked should I put it down??

Lol nobody puts you down after you've been on a rollercoaster,

I accidentally sucked up one of my 1inch clown loach and it went half way through a 8m long pipe before getting stuck, and he still lives to tell the tale.

No, he's probably been through a bit of a shock (which is why he's hiding), but with a bit of care he should recover no problem. If the wounds are especially bad, treat with melafix, but you may well find he'll get better by himself.

I regularly suck endler fry up when I do water changes (they're tiny, and very inquisitive! :lol: ), I just fish them out of the bucket and they swim off like nothing happened.

Keep an eye on him, but I reckon he'll either 1) die quite soon from shock/injuries if it's that bad, or 2) recover quite well. You just need to let nature take its course with this one.

aww so sad isn't it? I hate when I lose my fish :( I was lucky when I was transferring my platy to a new tank and the bag burst! Little guy fell down the stairs and was in my dogs mouth for around 2 seconds!! Unbelieveably he is still here 3 years after...amazing little creature.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back