Should I Or Should I Not?

sjolliff

Fish Addict
Joined
Jun 28, 2009
Messages
900
Reaction score
0
Points
16
Location
Brighouse,West Yorkshire, UK
my cycle seems to have stalled nitrites have 1ppm at the 12hr mark for the past few days and no real nitrate increase in fact its gone down abit!

another member said it could be due to the high nitrates causing the nitrites to stall.

PH is around 8.2 temp at 29C

would doin a water change get things going again?

if so i can do full water change all in time for my usual 24hr dosing of ammonia and keep things on track

:good:
 
Just keep waiting. The nitrites seem to take FOREVER to be converted. I would just keep waiting and keep adding the same about of ammonia everyday.

Really waiting for the Nitrites is the longest part of the cycling. But it will convert and then do your water change. Since your PH is still high your doing fine. It is when your PH crashes you have problems and your cycle really does stall and even stops. I had this happen.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top