Should I keep the babies in the breeder net or let them loose in the tank?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

wtusa17

Fish Addict
Reaction score
I have 1 clutch of 2 week old magenta mystery snails and 2 more clutches of less than a week old magenta snails. They are both currently in separate breeder nets in a bare bottom 10 gallon. Should I let the 2 week old babies loose or keep them in a breeder net for a few more weeks? My reasoning behind the breeder net is so that the babies are close to the food and don’t have to search so much. The 2 week old babies are 3x the size of the day old ones. Do you think I should give them extra space but it be harder to find food or keep them close to the food but in a smaller space?

I don’t think it really makes a huge difference, they’re good at finding food. As long as you make sure you’re feeding enough, they will be fine. It can be hard to keep the substrate clean when the snails are really small, so just keep that in mind.

I don’t think it really makes a huge difference, they’re good at finding food. As long as you make sure you’re feeding enough, they will be fine. It can be hard to keep the substrate clean when the snails are really small, so just keep that in mind.
Ok. It’s a bare bottom tank with a sponge filter and heater so it’s very easy to clean

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back