FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Should I get this female Betta?

• Yes, get her!

Votes: 12 80.0%
  • No, don't get her.

Votes: 3 20.0%

• Total voters
I will definitely check her out! I though about breeding these two, I think their babies would look pretty. I don't know what tail type the male is, any ideas? He was a rescue and his fins are still growing back.

Attachments

• IMG_20230809_160853725.jpg
    IMG_20230809_160853725.jpg
    188.3 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_20230723_221248532.jpg
    IMG_20230723_221248532.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 15
You'll have to raise them to the same size you see in the shop first, which means you'll need to keep them in a lot of "small"? containers. I don't think you'd like to keep them that way though.
They can stay together in one large aquarium while juvenile but won't take long before they start picking on each other.

You'll have to raise them to the same size you see in the shop first, which means you'll need to keep them in a lot of "small"? containers. I don't think you'd like to keep them that way though.
They can stay together in one large aquarium while juvenile but won't take long before they start picking on each other.
Yea, I don't have access to say, a 30+ gallon tank, so id probably have to put them in containers. I don't think I'm ready to breed them yet since I'm really busy right now, and water changes would be whole thing in itself because my nitrite is .25 and ammonia .50 in my tap water, so id have to figure that out...

UPDATE: I went to the LFS today and she was still there, so I though about it for 20 minutes if I should get her then saw a kid say "I want that one", pointing at her, aaaand then I quickly got her. She is settling in well in the 5 gallon and had explored every inch already! I named her Luna. I also added some Tetra SafeStart for good measure.

Also, just for fun I tested the ammonia in her previous water and It came out to be .50-1ppm, so I am definitely glad I got her out of that.

Attachments

• IMG_20230811_174754274.jpg
    IMG_20230811_174754274.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 12
UPDATE: I went to the LFS today and she was still there, so I though about it for 20 minutes if I should get her then saw a kid say "I want that one", pointing at her, aaaand then I quickly got her. She is settling in well in the 5 gallon and had explored every inch already! I named her Luna. I also added some Tetra SafeStart for good measure.

Also, just for fun I tested the ammonia in her previous water and It came out to be .50-1ppm, so I am definitely glad I got her out of that.
So what did the little kid buy, a guppy :) ?
It’s not uncommon to see ammonia in the stores’ water. Quite a few times I tested water and ammo was around 0.5 and nitrate as high as 160ppm.

So what did the little kid buy, a guppy :) ?
It’s not uncommon to see ammonia in the stores’ water. Quite a few times I tested water and ammo was around 0.5 and nitrate as high as 160ppm.
They ended up getting another betta.

Wow, that's really high nitrate!

I saw this beautiful female Halfmoon Betta at my LFS about a week ago and fell in love. I couldn't get her right then but when I went a few days ago she was still there. I have a planted 5 gallon that's been empty since my previous Betta passed (ill attach a picture) and I want her, but the only drawback is that she's 35 dollars. What do you think, should I get her?

Also the 5 gallon is cycled and ready for a Betta, it has a few ghost shrimp in it.
She's a koi she is well worth it get her !!!! Look at the different colors

Most reactions

Back