• Yes, get her!

Votes: 12 80.0%
  • No, don't get her.

Votes: 3 20.0%

• Total voters

BettaFishGirl

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I saw this beautiful female Halfmoon Betta at my LFS about a week ago and fell in love. I couldn't get her right then but when I went a few days ago she was still there. I have a planted 5 gallon that's been empty since my previous Betta passed (ill attach a picture) and I want her, but the only drawback is that she's 35 dollars. What do you think, should I get her?

Also the 5 gallon is cycled and ready for a Betta, it has a few ghost shrimp in it.

Attachments

• IMG_20230808_153133273~2.jpg
    IMG_20230808_153133273~2.jpg
    329.9 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_20230804_124807216.jpg
    IMG_20230804_124807216.jpg
    165.9 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_20230804_124806103.jpg
    IMG_20230804_124806103.jpg
    176 KB · Views: 38
She is lovely but maybe wait until the issues with your water are sorted to be on the safe side. Obviously your choice, just thinking what I would do in your situation.

Considering the current issues in your tank/s, I strongly advise not getting any more fish until everything in your current tanks have been great (no dead fish or diseases) for at least one month.
That is very smart. I have tested the tank and the nitrite is at 0. That tank has been 0 for about 5 days. The other tanks are at 0 too but I will continue testing regularly. Thank you for the advice!!!

Must be some kind of pedigree breed or maybe it used to belong to Elton John or something 🤔
I limit myself to five bucks for one fish . It can still be done . If I ever spent $35 bucks on one fish and it died - that’s what WOULD happen to me - I would scream and tear my hair out . Who needs that ?
I did see one right here in my own little town that was selling for $50 bucks and I was kind of shocked by that .

I limit myself to five bucks for one fish . It can still be done . If I ever spent $35 bucks on one fish and it died - that’s what WOULD happen to me - I would scream and tear my hair out . Who needs that ?
I did see one right here in my own little town that was selling for $50 bucks and I was kind of shocked by that .
I usually get my Betta fish for less (way less) but all of the Betta fish at this place has are top notch high show quality. It's still 35 dollars though :fish:

I usually get my Betta fish for less (way less) but all of the Betta fish at this place has are top notch high show quality. It's still 35 dollars though :fish:
Those show fish are beautiful , no doubt about that but you should have all your aquariums set up and operating perfectly before thinking about spending that kind of money . Get some practical experience with the low cost Betta’s . Learn from your own experience all the ins and outs of long term care . Breed Betta’s and raise the fry . It’s pretty easy . Betta’s were the first egg layer I ever got to spawn way back in the olden days of 1969 . If you have everything set up right they do all the work .

Those show fish are beautiful , no doubt about that but you should have all your aquariums set up and operating perfectly before thinking about spending that kind of money . Get some practical experience with the low cost Betta’s . Learn from your own experience all the ins and outs of long term care . Breed Betta’s and raise the fry . It’s pretty easy . Betta’s were the first egg layer I ever got to spawn way back in the olden days of 1969 . If you have everything set up right they do all the work .
I have 6 bettas fish right now, all are the lower quality ones. I still have to make sure that the 5 gallon is ready for a Betta as its only had shrimp in it and I recently took some filter media for another tank I as setting up.

Breed Betta’s and raise the fry . It’s pretty easy . Betta’s were the first egg layer I ever got to spawn way back in the olden days of 1969 . If you have everything set up right they do all the work .
I've always been scared of Betta breeding. Not the fact of actually breeding them, but when I'm going to do with all the fry.

Those show fish are beautiful , no doubt about that but you should have all your aquariums set up and operating perfectly before thinking about spending that kind of money . Get some practical experience with the low cost Betta’s . Learn from your own experience all the ins and outs of long term care . Breed Betta’s and raise the fry .
I agree with this, it's way more fun to breed and raise your own...then you get to sell them for $35! Rather save your money for more tanks

I've always been scared of Betta breeding. Not the fact of actually breeding them, but when I'm going to do with all the fry.
Have you seen any of Simply Betta’s videos on YouTube? She's a quirky character but you will learn a load from her

Most reactions

Back