Should I Get This Air Pump?

Russellhope

New Member
Joined
Jul 19, 2009
Messages
33
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Code:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Aquarium-Fish-Tank-Silent-Flow-Power-Mini-Air-Pump-AQ74_W0QQitemZ370227605756QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Pet_Supplies_Fish?hash=item563348f0fc&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A15|66%3A2|39%3A1|293%3A5|294%3A50

it looks ok, very cheap

i just want a cheap one, or could i get a better one for the same price?

i know i will have to buy an airstone too
 
Are you buying it cause you think the bubble are nice or because you want to aerate the water?

Looks like an alright pump, I think you've got to be a bit more careful about whether or not it is compliant with UK safety regulations though.
 
Well air pumps have always seriously got on my nerves. I swear I've had every 'silent' pump there is. And basically...they aren't silent.
The noise of the external filter doesn't annoy me, but the constant vibration of the air pump :S

But yep, e-mail the seller and make sure it's compatible with uk electrical goods laws etc. (can't remember the proper name).
I wish I could remember the noise level of the actually 'silent' pump I found. They don't supply them in the uk though...I think I found them in france...



Google 'JBL Air Pump' they're the ones I found...they're basically meant to actually be silent...
 
Ask the seller if they know the flowrate as it doesn't say? with a wattage of 1.2 I'd guess it would be suitable for around a 80-100L max

What sized tank do you want it for btw? There are some really good cheap air pumps to be found on ebay if you look around,
the one i have has two outlets and was about £12.00 and is suitable for a 600L tank,

This one is the same price but comes with 5m of airline and an airstone
 
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I'd certainly pay that little bit more to get one by a known manufacturer, you know the saying "you get what you pay for"

Also, how can they offer free shipping from hong kong? its will cost way more than the pump itself!

I've had many different types of air pumps and found the eheim to be by far the best, its silent and has adjustable flow controls. I can only hear my bubbles

Check here: Eheim Air Pump

Andy
 

Most reactions

Back
Top