Should I Get A Bigger Fish

Alimak

New Member
Joined
May 8, 2009
Messages
49
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Surrey, United Kingdom
Hello,

I have a female siamese fighting fish and she has been as good as gold but recently I had to re-home my last silver shark and now she is the biggest fish I have. I have noticed that my fish population is slowly decresing and this has never happened before.

Im wondering if I should get a bigger fish again as im concerned that she may be killing of my other fish as they are just disappearing.

I have a 60L aqua art tank with 1 female siamese fighting fish, 2 jumbo neons, 3 tetras and 4 guppies.

What type of fish should I get tho she has only been like this for approx the last week???

Any Ideas welcome I really am stuck on what to do!!!

Many Thanks
 
are you sure it is a female fighter - post a pic for confirmation hun
if it is maybe add some more female fighters - you cant really go much bigger in a 60l tank

What are your water stats and cleaning / water change regime ?
 
how long has the tank been set up ?
which fish are dying ?

sorry for the questions hun but might help figure out whats happening

What were the actual results for ammonia , nitrates , nitrites etc and what temp is the tank kept at ?

Always best to find out why fish are dying before adding new ones
 
how long has the tank been set up ?
which fish are dying ?

sorry for the questions hun but might help figure out whats happening

What were the actual results for ammonia , nitrates , nitrites etc and what temp is the tank kept at ?

Always best to find out why fish are dying before adding new ones

That's ok I want to find out what's wrong I hate the fact that there dying.

Ammonia 0ppm
Nitrates 0ppm
Nitrites 0ppm
PH 7.6 which is the same as my tap water

The tank has been set up for 4-5 months now the recent ones are 2 Jumbo Neon tetras but its like they have disappeared and 1 tetra has just disppeared there is nothing to take out (body wise) they have just vanished its really strange.

I'm doing a 20% water change every week

What should I do thanks sweet for asking questions I just want to sort it
 
how long has the tank been set up ?
which fish are dying ?

sorry for the questions hun but might help figure out whats happening

What were the actual results for ammonia , nitrates , nitrites etc and what temp is the tank kept at ?

Always best to find out why fish are dying before adding new ones

That's ok I want to find out what's wrong I hate the fact that there dying.

Ammonia 0ppm
Nitrates 0ppm
Nitrites 0ppm
PH 7.6 which is the same as my tap water

The tank has been set up for 4-5 months now the recent ones are 2 Jumbo Neon tetras but its like they have disappeared and 1 tetra has just disppeared there is nothing to take out (body wise) they have just vanished its really strange.

I'm doing a 20% water change every week

What should I do thanks sweet for asking questions I just want to sort it


Are you sure nitRATES are 0?, unless tank is very heavily planted then 0 nitrates is a little unusal, saying that even heavily planted tanks would have a trace reading at least i would imagine.
 
how long has the tank been set up ?
which fish are dying ?

sorry for the questions hun but might help figure out whats happening

What were the actual results for ammonia , nitrates , nitrites etc and what temp is the tank kept at ?

Always best to find out why fish are dying before adding new ones

That's ok I want to find out what's wrong I hate the fact that there dying.

Ammonia 0ppm
Nitrates 0ppm
Nitrites 0ppm
PH 7.6 which is the same as my tap water

The tank has been set up for 4-5 months now the recent ones are 2 Jumbo Neon tetras but its like they have disappeared and 1 tetra has just disppeared there is nothing to take out (body wise) they have just vanished its really strange.

I'm doing a 20% water change every week

What should I do thanks sweet for asking questions I just want to sort it


Are you sure nitRATES are 0?, unless tank is very heavily planted then 0 nitrates is a little unusal, saying that even heavily planted tanks would have a trace reading at least i would imagine.

I say 0ppm as it isn't quite dark enought to read the next rating I will test again tonight if that helps?
 
take the test again and makes sure you shake everything for the correct amount of time (not saying you're not doing it ) but just be over careful while doing this test

when was the last water change ?

Have you recently added new media to the filter or a new filter to the tank
 
i have that tank..... i dont like it.... ive had so many light issues as far as your situation goes... id go for a male dwarf gourami
 

Most reactions

Back
Top