Should I Be Concerned?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Abbskiie

Reaction score
My guppy is still in the process of having her fry, I was just wondering how long they normally take to give birth to each fry, she has had the bottom half (tail) of a fry hanging out for a while...is this normal?

She Could be taking a little break they usually give birth within 24hrs, when my platy had hers the way I could tell that she had stopped was she didn't deliever a baby for about 2 hrs her stomach had circled she was in labor 5 hrs and had 15 is it her first batch?

I'm not sure. I got her from the fish shop last week and she was already pregnant... I turrned the lights back off and went to bed and she still had half the fry out, so will go and check on her in a moment and give an update.

I woke up this morning to approx 12/13 fry, but a few have somehow managed to get out of the breeder box? I'm not sure how but I saw a few in the tank hiding amongst the plants, i tried to catch them to put them into breeder box but just cant get them. I have left them and cannot see anymore in tank but they could be hiding im not sure.

My platy fry somehow were able to hide long enough to survive my other platys, so they still have a chance! I'd just wait and see. How many were you able to keep in the breeder box?

Just try dropping lqufiry no2 Around the plants after feeding the other fish in the main tank in another area so they are away from the babies that's what I did and had 40 danio fry and 3 tiger barbs survive (tiger barbs are nasty egg eaters)
Livebearers and eggs are they same once their fry in the tank that become free swimming I assume

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back