Shipping snails in ziplock bag

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

wtusa17

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Does anyone ship snails in ziplock bags? How do you do it? Do you leave air? Do y’all have pics of how you do it?

Ziplock bags don't always stayed zipped up. If you do use ziplock bags, triple bag them. Or use normal fish bags with a rubber band, again triple bag them.

Triple bagging means putting the water and snails into one bag and doing that bag up. The sealed bag is then put inside another plastic bag and sealed up. The bag is then put into a third bag and sealed up. The idea is to stop water leaks if one bag splits. or the rubber band breaks.

Have about 1/4 water and 3/4 air. You can put a couple of bits of plant in there if you like but snails don't normally need it.

You don't need a big bag for snails and a half cup of water will be fine for most snails for 24 hours.

Don't feed the snails for 24 hours before shipping so they don't poop in the bag during transit.

Yep, I have at least double bagged snails in small fish bags that you can get online or from some LFS if you ask nicely, ensuring you fold over the open end of bad and tied off tightly with elastic bands.

I also take the precaution of putting the bags in a small styrofoam box to ensure protection that the bags don’t get damaged during transit. Also makes it easier to label and post at post office.

Have posted assassin snails this way a number of times in the past.

Yep, I have at least double bagged snails in small fish bags that you can get online or from some LFS if you ask nicely, ensuring you fold over the open end of bad and tied off tightly with elastic bands.

I also take the precaution of putting the bags in a small styrofoam box to ensure protection that the bags don’t get damaged during transit. Also makes it easier to label and post at post office.

Have posted assassin snails this way a number of times in the past.
Do you use insulation?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back