Shell Dweller Journal

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

How much lighting do you have over the tank? Any direct sunlight? Any plants in the tank? How long are the lights on?

just the standard juwel lighting it came with, and its on from 8-10 am and then 4-10 pm and its kinda in sunlight but not fully exposed and no plants, i was thinking of getting some but im not sure if they would dig them up.

just the standard juwel lighting it came with, and its on from 8-10 am and then 4-10 pm and its kinda in sunlight but not fully exposed and no plants, i was thinking of getting some but im not sure if they would dig them up.

I'm fighting the same battle :shout:

Any ideas how to kill it?

It's really annoying me now lol

Maximus

3 day blackout, cover the tank in newspaper or something so no light can get in and don't turn the lights on. Reveal 3 days later to find a pristine tank, or at least I did. I'm not sure I'd do that with fry in the tank though, as they won't get food :/

Is this the ONLY way?

I suppose I could still feed in my tank, no fry as of yet :D

Sounds like a plan to me :good:

Any other ways people?

Thanks,

Maximus

hmm i can deal with it untill my fry have fattend up abit, then i may try that, just let me know how it goes maximus :good:

good idea jayjay

There are other ways, i.e. dosing medications, the blackout will just get rid of it, it would be better to get rid of the cause, I just cut back my light and added some floating plants. Search around the planted section for more information on the subject.

hmm i can deal with it untill my fry have fattend up abit, then i may try that, just let me know how it goes maximus :good:

good idea jayjay

I will dude B)

Just a thought tho, I added 5 new fish today, should I let them settle in for a few days before trying it,
Or will it being dark, allow them to settle in easyier?!

Just in case!

Hmm, If I start it tonight, I may aswell leave it on till thursday morning!

Or will this damage the fish in any way?

Cheers,

Maximus

I'd try feed them up for a few days first, also think about cleaning the tank out a little, taking any of the algae you can out and doing a water change.

I'd try feed them up for a few days first, also think about cleaning the tank out a little, taking any of the algae you can out and doing a water change.

They were well and truly fattened at work, from friday - I made sure :lol:

Also fed them quite a bit today, and I did a water change on thursday, So

I think I'll go for it tonight - till thursday.....

....If it doesn't work, on your head be it JayJay :lol:

Only joking, Thanks for the advive dude :good:

Cheers,

Maximus

Good to see you back Caino and congratulations on the babies!
My little Multies had 8 babies over a week ago, so I have a rough idea of how pleased you were with yours! :good:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back