Sharks?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

sgtbirch

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I been reading a bit on sharks and I just wanted to know if anyone ahs ever put a shark in a cichlid tank. Normally I would have said no. I always thought the cichlids would kill him but I guess there are a couple of sharks out there that may be able to hold thier own. If I am an idiot just say Idiot and leave and I will know your answer. :unsure:

sgt,

There aresome "sharks" that could probably hold their own with certain cichlids.

In your case with your nics, you could probably get away with a few bala sharks. These get large when adult and like to be kept with a few of their own kind however.

If you decide to go with them, make sure they are of an adequate size to match the size of your nics!!

CM

The black shark Labeo chrysophekadion is probably your best bet,they get to about 18" in aquariums (24" in the wild!) and are aggresive enough to stand up to cichlids but not as aggresive as blue or harlequin sharks (which are pure evil little sods).

sgtbirch,

I would go with the black shark as they do grow quite large and will defently hold there ground. I have had one for about 2 years now and i keep it with south American cichlids and it has no problems, in fact sometimes it chases the cichlids around. so i would go for the black shark.

hope this helps

Black sharks are another good choice, but the bala's are less likely to get aggressive with your other fish and can still take care of themselves.

Black sharks are known to be aggressive and I have seen them do damage to fish larger than them.

CM

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back