Sexual Harassment

cane76

Fish Aficionado
Reaction score
in the last few weeks my male ray has started to harass my female,he has started biting her disc and trying to get underneath her like in the vid.he follows her round the tank like this all the time.i am quite surprised how aggresive he can be considering he is dwarfed by her.
his claspers are big and open and im pretty sure he is getting frisky.
i have been reading that small males will develop quickly if kept with a more mature female,this maybe due to the female releasing hormones into the water anyone heard of this before?
i have also read that motoros have bred at very young ages males being about 10" disc
im not expecting anything just yet but this looks like the early signs to me :shifty:
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v732/can...nt=100_1144.flv

well i dont know anything about stingray breeding lol but congrats if they are about to breed! :good:

Personally i dont see anything abnormal from the video though :blush: probably just me :dunno:

the vid just shows him sniffing around under her tail like a randy dog,which he is doing a lot of
i dont think they are about to breed,the male is just showing some interest is all

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back