Seriously Fish

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Essjay

Staff member
Global Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
Is it just me or does anyone else find the advertising links for filters, heaters and food in the text of the fish profiles to be annoying? The site seems to have done a deal with Amazon as that's where all the links lead to.

I find it extremely annoying. Its now more a stock market website than an awesome fish info. sight.

I just ignore it to be honest, everywhere I go on the internet there is someone trying to sell me something :(

The adds on this forum are sort of annoying, especially when its loading them, it takes forever.

Do the adds pay for this forum? Or what is their surpose

Until a couple of weeks ago there were ads on the right side of the fish profiles. Now there are ads throughout the text of the profiles as well. If I use an ad blocker, it gets rid of nearly all of them, leaving just the orange boxes which link to Amazon.
Without the ad blocker, it is almost impossible to navigate to the actual text to find the info on that species.

The first screen shot is with an ad block. The second is without an ad block and zoomed out as far as possible to get as much of the page visible as possible.

SF with ad block.jpgSF without ad block.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back