Sera Nitravec

andyboy!!

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Feb 5, 2006
Messages
141
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Sunny St. Helens, UK.
I have a bottle of this to start my tank off.

This may sound silly but do I add it to the water or the filter sponge?

Cheers
Andy.
 
Add it to the water :good:

If you are going to do a fishless cycle then this sort of product will not do any harm but 'the jury is still out' as to how much benifit it actually has on a tank start-up :look:
 
I have used Sera Nitrivec to cycle all my tanks and have had full success with all 5. I would suggest that you also use Sera Ammovec as well, as the 2 work hand-in-hand with the cycling.

Add it to the water as per instructions on the bottle before adding fish, and then you add a smaller amount of each after every water and, or, filter change.

On saying all this, you need to take regular water samples to your LFS to test before adding any fish.

Hope this helps.

Julia
 

Most reactions

Back
Top