Season Review

Arfie

Fish Herder
Reaction score
As the season has finished I thought I'd do a review.

Well although we won on the last day, unfortunately for us ManYoo did too, so we missed out on 2nd place by 1 point :X So we finish in 3rd place, 1 point off second and only 9 behind Chel$ki and 24 points better than last season. We've got the most points we've ever had in the Premiership and more than we did when we last won the league in 1990 :eek:

We did OK in the Champions League (though a bit of a comedown from being the champions) and only have 1 qualifying round to get through next year. We have the FA Cup final to look forward to next week, so could add more silverware to the European Supercup we won this season.

Robbie Fowler has returned :D :D :D :D :D and has signed another 1 year deal, now all we need is a couple of good strikers for next year and we are in.

Had we not had a disasterous mid season we could have done so much better, I refuse to believe that we wouldn't have converted more chances to goals and gained at least 3 more wins with a couple of decent strikers and that on it's own could have had us winning the league.

All in all I'm pretty happy :D OK it could have been better, but it could have been so much worse and I'm really optomistic about next year.

Hows about you and your teams?

Arfie

Middlesbrough FC

Boro

a very indifferent season with some wierd results, firstly a great cup season quarter finals of carling cup semi final of FA cup and Final of Uefa cup to come on wednesday. (COME ON BORO)

league form has been very dissapointing on the whole although none of the top 4 beat us at home infact only arfies liverpool were the only ones to get a point. (classy ugo saved us when gerrard was clean through) we should have lost that one but the invisibrick wall in the goal saved us. the results against teams like charlton villa and sunderland at home were shocking in all respects but results agains man u 4-1 chelsea 3-0 and arsenal 2-1 were great

the last few games have been interesting including our trip to fulham at the weekend with a few records being set.

Youngest average age (20)
youngest captiain (lee catermole)
first all academy 11 on the pitch in prem history
and all english team

yakubu was voted player of the season with his 19 goals but personally i think viduka has been our best striker this season with some inspirational goals. but my player of season goes to lee catermole although he only played a handful he was man of the match everytime for me .

what can i say about the uefa cup well lightning strikes twice twice 3-0 down on agg needing 4 to win with 60 mins left twice scored 4 twice maccarone got the winner last minute. great stuff although i had a few palpatations watching these. entertaining footy at its best.

heres to a better 2006/07

COME ON THE BORO

West Ham

1st year after promotion:

First FA Cup final for 26 years.... fingers crossed there. The fact that Liverpool beat us in the last match wont bother the hammers. We we beaten by both of our last rounds oppositon in the league just before the FA cup matches and won. Just got a bit more confidence too by beating Spurs in the last league match of the season. So the spurs fans arent going to like that, but even Arsenal were singing, "im forever blowing bubbles". So, Arfie and I will have to see how our teams get on at the weekend.. ;) Should be a good match. Shame it isnt at Wembley though Arfie, as it should have been

Finished 9th in the League..... fairly respectable.

Made it into Europe (UEFA Cup here we come)

Team getting stronger.. unlike losing all our players at relegation time a few years back.

Harewoods not as lazy as he used to be.

Come on you HAMMERS.

Squid

Just like to say even at 3-1 down on sunday pompy never lost spirit and were singing all the way. Pompey made a great comback out of the relagation zone.

Most reactions

Back