Scratches On Inside Of Tank

paulypaul182

Fish Crazy
Joined
Sep 3, 2008
Messages
232
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Birmingham, Uk
Is there anyway to repair or lessen the look of a scratch on the glass? I have no idea how its happened but on the inside of the tank there has been several scratches made. One even looks like a scuff. Could the fish have done this? I just do not understand because they werent there last night.
 
do you use magnets it could be from them maybe a bit of trapped grit it happened to me but i just left it as it was in a corner .
 
Once glass it scratched that its i'm afraid, dont think there anything you can do.
 
Wouldnt really be suitable to do until the tank was empty- but...

I once removed some scratches from the glass on my mobile phone by first using "T-cut" (abrasive stuff for car bodywork) to remove most of the depth of the scratch - bring the glass to one level, and then polished it all up using toothpaste.

most toothpastes are semi abrasive (contain stuff like chalk), and this removed/polished out the scratches caused by the T-cut.

I would advise you practice any method first tho.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top