Scots Pig Farm

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

well peeps its been a while so a quick update :
its a busy week this week as I have piggys going to new homes and piggys moving in (merinos just for silver rabbit :lol: )

Louise has had her last litter and has been put in to retirement at the age of 16 months (I wish people could do that) it was a small litter very small ...... well one actually but its a sow so Im keeping her regardless of show quality as she is very cute ..... not that any baby isnt hehe

without further ado here she is from different angles

louiseslastbaby002.jpg

louiseslastbaby006.jpg

ideas for names please :)

regards :good:

You have to post pics of the new merinos *pretty pleeeeeeease* they are the cutest, funniest piggies!

That little one is just precious :)

She is a little cutie, but where are my lilacs <cough, cough>, no photos :sad:

She looks like a 'Lily bumpkin', goodness only knows where that has come from!!

Seffie x

lol @ seffie youve already called a lilac lilly you will have to re think :lol:

well ive finally done it I have got a black boar for my silver project to darken out the white at last I am so happy :good:
The thing is he isnt a sheltie or coronet with long (straight) flowing locks...................
yes silver rabbit Barney is a merino so it looks like I will have an interesting 3-4 generations before the coat settles out again :lol:

I now have 4 merinos 3 sows and this baby boar to work with so it should make for some interesting litters

heres gaynor nearly a year old but should drop a litter at the end of july to a gold coronet boar (I had no male merino to put her to at the time) she is one of the most relaxed pigs I own :blush:

newbies036.jpg

next is barney he was born 31st of may

thetrioofmerinos010.jpg

thetrioofmerinos014.jpg

for show purposes we are pretending he is solid black :lol:

and here are his wives shirley and mavis these are shown in an earlier post but they have grown alot and now ready to go to a boar
shirly:

thetrioofmerinos002.jpg

mavis:
thetrioofmerinos005.jpg

thanx for looking :)
silver tips on grooming these would be appreciated lol

regards scot :good:

OMG POTM nomination! He looks like a little fluffy tennis ball :wub:

I adore merinos (don't you think they're nice natured too? seem really chilled out)!!!

I bought a human brush (like those mini handbag oval ones with soft-ish rubber bristle things) as it seems to get through the curls well.

I have a new merino girl who came with 3 all black, straight haired, whirly headed babies. Maybe she's not totally merino, but she's curly and cute lol.

I can't wait to see some pics of merino litters! If I were closer i'd be cooing over them and sneaking some home :lol:

wow what a lot of piggies!
I used to have guineas when I was little, 2 boars 1st, then 2 sows which both had litters and we kept 2 babies of the 6 they had between them. I do think about getting more sometimes, esp as I've an empty hutch which would easily fit 6 girlies in it, but I reckon my hubby would kill me LOL so I'll just have to content myself with looking at your lovely pictures!

Oh my goodness, Barney is adorable and I certainly second the potm nomination :good:

:blush: ok, Milly bumpkin, no hang on, there is already a Milly isn't there?

Seffie x

This thread is not helping me to be convinced that 'I shouldn't get piggies' :crazy:

MORE PICTURES PLEASE :good:

Well peeps had my very first litter off a merino sow today
and...................... :blush:
Im well chuffed 2 merino babys and a silver coronet Im so pleased lol

scot

gaynorsbrood005.jpg

Most reactions

Back