Scots Pig Farm

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Oh my goodness, how did I miss these :crazy:

Think I have lost my heart to Gladys - what a beautiful girl she is turning out to be and the silver boar :drool:

The merino's are cool, but my heart belongs to Gladys. Can we have some photos of them mowing the lawn, what a sight that must be and a lovely noise, all those excited squaeks.

What is an Argenti Scot? Are they also long haired? Gorgeous colour

How is everyone else?

Seffie x

Hi peeps
well it was birthday time for me this week soooooooo guess what I got lol just the five mind I didnt go overboard much :lol:

First is dee she was a rescue from a slaes pen her nails where all twisted but after a pedicure and a bath shes a sweety

deeemilyandsheila003.jpg

next as you may have seen from an earlier post I have started to breed foxs as well this breed is defined by eye rings and the same colour on the belly so I picked up 3 of those bob, helen , and sheila :lol: only got a few pics of bob the others are still shy but there identicle unless your obssesed and notice stray hairs hehe

heres bob a slate/tan

deeemilyandsheila007.jpg

and just to show the belly off
deeemilyandsheila008.jpg

and now as I know seffie likes the lilacs I had to pick up a lilac fox as well :good:
at the moment she is only a few weeks old so waiting for her fox markings to develop more

rubbish pic but here is emily
deeemilyandsheila004.jpg

thanx for looking comments and questions welcome
cheers scot :)

That is a gorgeous trio you have there Scot, but Emily, oh Emily :wub:

So do the foxes have long hair also?

Seffie x

Wow! only just seen this thread.

How many Guinea Pigs have you got in total? Whats there housing like?

I can just about keep 1 male rabbit, lol. I've always wanted to buy Guinea Pigs though....!

Hi

Well seffie this is the thing, my project along with the silvers is to produce long haired foxs but this will take many generations I think so the stock I have at the moment are all short haired

Ally I have at a rough guess got around 30 pigs that are my main herd :lol:
I dont count babys unless they are keepers :good:

as for my set up its shampoo day (with my new conditioners I got for my birthday oh and their own andrew collinge hairdryer) and a run on the grass tommorow so i will get pics of where they live the hutch blocks and the indoor run and hopefully some in show coat

fingers crossed peeps I am entering a show on the 20th of this month so hopefully one will get placed

regards scot :good:

I love looking at your pics :)

The fox markings.. is that like the otter markings in a rabbit? I have an otter rex and it's similar

Hi silver, seffie here goes

ok - argente is a pink eyed agouti - instead of a dark eye/dark pigment and dark tips its a pink eye, lighter pigment and paler tips to the coat. Less evident in longhaired breeds, more obvious in short haired pigs.

An otter is a cream marked pig, tan is tan marked, fox is Silver/white marked.

hope that makes sense to you all :lol:

scot :)

Hi well due to the thunder storms we are having the guinea pig spar day is off :lol:

I did get a few pics of one of the sheds though, mainly where sows and babys live with boars in hutches running with there girls :hey:

theshed002.jpg

do you like the sign on the door :lol:

next is the hutch blocks they are to big to fit em all on the camera but you get the idea :)
if you look little ottis is vying for attention as ever

theshed006.jpg

and lastly is where the main herd run free this is my fave way of keeping girls as they are so social and feed each others young if they have milk

theshed004.jpg

I see bradley flung himself in front of the cam , thats boars for you

theshed001.jpg

the last pic is of the runs stacked up and my haylage/hay box I cant keep that in the shed as they would eat till they pop :lol:

cheers scot :)

Very cute!!!Mandy is really pretty .. i've never seen a piggie that color before!

OOOOOhhhhh! :) Lovely!

I was thinking about converting a shed for Alfie and making it 2 storey. Thats great, keeping multiple hutches stacked! :)

That hay box is a fab idea... I buy bales now which are HUGE cos so many mouths to feed, and that would keep it all dry. Ingenious!

Lovely guinea piggies! We have six ourselves; 5 females and a neutered boar :)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back