Science Fair Ideas

llamalord305

Fishaholic
Joined
Jun 11, 2007
Messages
436
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Miami, Florida, U.S.
So I was thinking about using a red stick as a sort of Pavalonia response thing with Bettas. I thought it maybe was too simple. So I thought about CO2 concentrations in planted/plants in tanks. I may sound dense, but how do you get CO2 into tanks? I've heard of fire extiguishers, and using yeast for fermentation? how many would I need for say, three tanks? Would they all be making around the same amount of CO2? Or would I have to pump it into one container and then split it into three?

This could be an excuse to get some tanks.... :hyper:

So, any other ideas? I'm not so sure about the CO2 one, so I need some options....
 
Pavlovs dogs worked because there was a visible response of drooling as well as increased heart rate ect. Very difficult to measure in a fish. CO2 is bubbled in via a diffuser I recommend you read the resource guides here. You could always do a Schrodigner's cat experiment but with a fish, kind of cruel but Quantum physics and the ability to BS those theories should lead to high marks. You could do a Skinner style experiment on training a fish and then testing their memory e.g. proving that goldfish have a memory of more then 6 seconds (I believe its actually 5 months memory span but not certain).

Change in growth rate according to food get 4 tubs and put a new born guppy in each and feed each tank a different amount of times each day e.g. 1-2-3-4 feeding's or 2-4-6-8, alternative change the variety of foods so one tank is fed only flake another is fed only freeze dried and flake, next tank freeze dried, flake and vege and final tank flake, freeze dried, vege and live food. Weigh the food before adding it so that you can keep the control variable the weight of food given in a day the same. You could also do the same experiment but vary the temperature and thus chart whether temperature has direct consequence on the metabolic rate of fish due to them being cold blooded it should.
 
You could do a fishless cycle and do a presentation on the nitrogen cycle.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top