Schooling Fish With My Red Eared Slider Turtle?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

deathlydove

Reaction score
I would like to know if anybody knows some good schooling/grouper fish with my red eared slider turtle (RES). i already have 3 guppies,6 corrys, and 2 chinese algea eaters. i know, it sounds like a lot however, since the corys and chinese algea eaters stay mosty at the bottom it realy isnt that much to look at in my 75 gal tank housing my 6 inch RES. i would like some small grouper fish that are fast and verry packed together because i like how they move in formation and i need them to be fast because that way they would survive. plus it would confuse my turtle when he tries to eat them they all swim in different directions. i have had some luck with fish as i have told you what i already have. any suggestions as to what type of grouper fish would be a nice finnish to my tank?? thanks if any of you respond.this is my first post since im new and i wana see how this turns out

I would like to know if anybody knows some good schooling/grouper fish with my red eared slider turtle (RES). i already have 3 guppies,6 corrys, and 2 chinese algea eaters. i know, it sounds like a lot however, since the corys and chinese algea eaters stay mosty at the bottom it realy isnt that much to look at in my 75 gal tank housing my 6 inch RES. i would like some small grouper fish that are fast and verry packed together because i like how they move in formation and i need them to be fast because that way they would survive. plus it would confuse my turtle when he tries to eat them they all swim in different directions. i have had some luck with fish as i have told you what i already have. any suggestions as to what type of grouper fish would be a nice finnish to my tank?? thanks if any of you respond.this is my first post since im new and i wana see how this turns out

From experience with my friends tank with turtles.... turtles + fish = turtles.... lol also they ate all the plants he planted, then they got replaced with plastic ones... they ate them. Only fish that lasted was two large sail fin plecs. I have herd of people keeping large ocsars with turtles but... its your gamble.

If you are determained for a school of fish, i would try 30 or so zebra danios, as they are very very active, like a tight school pattern and super fast. Either that or some terat's (cardinal, neon, rummy nosed) but i think the danios will be more likely to survive, however a few month down the line i think they will be gone!

From experience with my friends tank with turtles.... turtles + fish = turtles.... lol also they ate all the plants he planted, then they got replaced with plastic ones... they ate them. Only fish that lasted was two large sail fin plecs. I have herd of people keeping large ocsars with turtles but... its your gamble.

If you are determained for a school of fish, i would try 30 or so zebra danios, as they are very very active, like a tight school pattern and super fast. Either that or some terat's (cardinal, neon, rummy nosed) but i think the danios will be more likely to survive, however a few month down the line i think they will be gone!
thanks for the answer i really apretiate it!! i will try one of your suggestions and see if that works out. haha, luckily at least my turtle doesnt full out eat plastic plants. thanks again,i looked for a long time and no one realy wanted to answer!im glad i came to this forum. :p

thanks for the answer i really apretiate it!! i will try one of your suggestions and see if that works out. haha, luckily at least my turtle doesnt full out eat plastic plants. thanks again,i looked for a long time and no one realy wanted to answer!im glad i came to this forum. :p
Yeah i find this forum great help, can sometimes take a long time to get a reply sometimes but can be worth it. My friends turtles where just like underwater pigs.... they just ate everything and poo's alot!
You might get lucky and the turtle might not show much intrest in chasing the fish, however i think they will shortly become a healthy meal for the little slider lol.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back