Scats, Archers, Mono's

MermaidMel

Official Forum Weirdo Detective
Joined
Jul 14, 2007
Messages
3,972
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Are these guys all brackish? I keep seeing them around and really love them so much, but they aren't in brackish and I thought they were meant to be? Does anyone know much about them, are they community fish?
 
I think some archers can be kept in FW (quite a few species if I remember rightly). Mono's and scats I think are brackish (they can probably live in FW for a while but won't do as well as in brackish). Theres also different types of mono's and scats, though I'm not up on brackish fish theres some good FAQ's in the brackish section you should check out if you want to take it further.

I know mono's are meant to be shoaling fish but in a recent post by Nmonks in the brackish section he says they tend to pair up in aquariums. Which leads me onto Nmonks :P, if theres one guy who knows brackish on this forum its him. If he visits this section you will be in for a treat with his reply, if he doesn't see this thread make one in the brackish section just for the reply though probably best to have a more specific question.
 

Hi Nelly, I did google and read about the brackish thing but then saw them in LFS in freshwater so was a bit confused - you know the thing about mollies and bumblebee gobies, I thought it was similar to that little argument and that they could be reared to live happily in freshwater
 
i had some gorgeous monos i got from lfs that had them in freshwater so i got them then i did my research ( when i was just starting to keep fish was hard lesson number 1 ) they are ok in freshwater when very young but require brackish as they grow . the profile i read said they will be more suseptable to fungal infections etc in freshwater.
 
yes ive seen lfs do same before, with alot of brackish fish,,,,,,,as stated prob best to go to the barckish section as they will know what there talking about :good: good luck
 

Most reactions

Back
Top