🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

FishOwner

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
1 lb ground sausage
2 tblsp margarine
4 cups milk
1 can Campbells Cream of Mushroom Soup
1 package pre-made biscuts (refrigerated type: country style, buttermilk, or home style is best)
pepper to taste

Okay, so most of the recipe is a cheat as I don't do the whole "make it from scratch" type of thing, but this is good for a quick easy meal. Pre-heat oven according to biscut directions. Grab a big skillet and brown the sausage in it. Once that's done, add the margarine, let it melt, then add milk and soup. Stir well and add the pepper. Bring to a boil then reduce the heat. Let simmer for 15 to 20 minutes stirring occasionally. Take them pop-em-in-the-oven biscuts and pop-em-in-the-oven as soon as you start simmering the sausage gravy. When the biscuts are done, the gravy should be done!
You can serve this with scrambled eggs or fried potatoes if desired.

That sound good, FishOwner :nod: There seems to be no end to the things you can mix with Campbell's Cream of Mushroom soup.

While you are at it, if you mean those refrigerated biscuits that you bang on the table to open, you can make a nice desert with them.

All you have to do is flatten them out a little, cut them in quarters and fry them, a few at a time, in a small pot with about 1/2" of oil in it. Turn them over when one side is light brown and fry that side too. When they are done, drain them on paper towels and sprinkle them with either powdered sugar, granulated sugar, or a sugar and cinnamon mixture. You have fresh donut holes that are delicious when they are eaten warm. :D

Yep, those are the kinds of biscuts I'm talking about! That sounds like a good recipe Inchworm! I'll have to try it as my son would love something like that! :D

I miss those biscuits, there's nothing like that over here, I make my own for Dan but they are just not the same. Unfortunately, you can not ship them as they tend to blow up on planes, lol

:*) :*) Um biscuits...guess not Chocolate Hobnobs...esp[ecially with sausages and gravy...so what are they? :*) :*)

Oh, I forgot, biscuits in the UK means a cookie right? So to you an american biscuit would be like a roll type of thing...not exactly a dinner roll but somewhat close to one.

Biscuits in the US are like dinner rolls, except that they have layers instead of just being homogenous inside. Also MArgarine is a bad deal, its worse than butter calloricly, and contains less in the way of vitamines and minerals, and it is a good source of transfat, so its worse than the saturated fat that you get in butter. Plus, more importantly than all of that, it tastes so aweful, yarg.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back