Your Best Recipes

And what's the term for 25 and older?...Bum, I guess?
I think that's the generally accepted term lol. Though I do think it's a shame that we have insults like that when it's how literally every other species but ours live. Not that there's a solution to that lmao. But anyway, back to the recipes?

Those taste just as good! But since I'm not working or in school right now, this NEET needs something to keep himself busy lol. I love to bake, but the brownies are my favourite!
Donā€™t hear NEET over here. Is it common in the UK?
Weā€™re more likely to say: Lives in parentā€˜s basement

The recipe has been handed down from my grandmother to my mother to me, so it uses ounces. I'll give the equivalent in grams as well.

1 lemon
1 egg
4 oz (110 g) sugar
2.5 oz (70g) margarine/butter (hard margarine like Stork works better than soft)

Squeeze the lemon and put the juice, sugar and margarine/butter in a pan. Heat gently until everything melts together.
Beat the egg and slowly pour the mixture from the pan into the egg, stirring while you do it.
Strain through a sieve back into the pan.
Stir over a low heat until the mixture comes to the boil and thickens.
Pour into an empty jar.

The secret is to do everything over a low heat. Before mixing with eggs, heat it till the butter/marg only just melts. If it is too hot the eggs will set as you pour the mixture in. Then after the eggs are mixed in, again heat slowly so the egg doesn't start to set into lumps.
Many recipes say to do all this by putting it in a basin in a pan of water on the hob (stove top for those countries which don'tuse the term hob), but I never did - and neither did my mother or grandmother.

It doesn't keep long - no preservatives - so keep it in the fridge and eat quickly.
Quoted from the other thread I wrote the recipe in :)

Weā€re into heathy foods. This is a classic family recipe.
2E183893-00C4-4968-9C39-14A08016A856.jpeg

Agree. It was a joke. Iā€™m more into healthy eating & exercise than anyone I know IRL

I donā€™t remember what tofu tastes like lol. Bacon is very greasy though and my family always wants it smoked

Most reactions

Back