Your Best Recipes

Havenā€™t had bacon in the house for years. Last time I remember eating it is on a fast food hamburger. Donā€™t like tofu, but eat cooked soy beans on a regular basis. ok with lots of hot sauce.

Havenā€™t had bacon in the house for years. Last time I remember eating it is on a fast food hamburger. Donā€™t like tofu, but eat cooked soy beans on a regular basis. ok with lots of hot sauce.
You just reminded me I have a bag of hot Cheetos in the pantry:hyper:

I make a mean Shephard's Pie...(the easy way)
1 to 1 .5 lbs of hamburger
1 12 oz package mixed vegetable
Prepare enough mash potatoes which you will put on top of the veg/meat mixture...either fresh mashed or prepared powdered potatoes will do.
Cook veggies in microwave on high for 4 minutes In a large skillet,
Chop up one medium onion
Saute the onions in a couple of tablespoons of oil in a skillet
Add the hamburger to the sauted onions.
To the hamburger, add 4 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
Add teaspoon basil
Add teaspoon oregano
Brown the hamburger in the skillet.

Put one cup of water and a packet of McCormicks gravy mx in a pot and stir till it boils.
Add gravy and veggies to the browned hamburger. Mix thoroughly
Put all the mixed ingredients into a 12x12 corningware dish

Put mashed potatoes on top
Cook in 375 degree oven for 30 minutes
Eat and Enjoy

Last edited:
I make a mean Shephard's Pie...(the easy way)
1 lb of hamburger
1 12 oz package mixed vegetable
Prepare enough mash potatoes which you will put on top of the veg/meat mixture...either fresh mashed or prepared powdered potatoes will do.
Cook veggies in microwave on high for 4 minutes In a large skillet,
Chop up one medium onion
Saute the onions in a couple of tablespoons of oil in a skillet
Add the hamburger to the sauted onions.
To the hamburger, add 4 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
Add teaspoon basil
Add teaspoon oregano
Brown the hamburger in the skillet.

Put one cup of water and a packet of McCormicks gravy mx in a pot and stir till it boils.
Add gravy and veggies to the browned hamburger. Mix thoroughly
Put all the mixed ingredients into a 12x12 corningware dish

Put mashed potatoes on top
Cook in 375 degree oven for 30 minutes
Eat and Enjoy
Mmmmmmmmmmmm ima have to try that!

Last edited by a moderator:
I donā€™t remember what tofu tastes like lol. Bacon is very greasy though and my family always wants it smoked
Bacon should be soaked in fresh water for 30 minutes and then rinsed before cooking. This helps to wash off some of the salt and nitrites in the meat and reduces your chance of developing cancer from the nitrite.

Ham should also be rinsed under tap water for the same reason.

My junk food recipe is " Hot dog roll up"

Make a pizza base mix (bread dough). Cut into 125grm portions, roll into squares ( thin) place a hot dog of frankfurter onto each square. Put some grated cheese, onion mustard and tomato sauce on each one. Roll them up like a sausage roll. Bake them for around 25 minutes. You then have a "Hot dog roll up".

My junk food recipe is " Hot dog roll up"

Make a pizza base mix (bread dough). Cut into 125grm portions, roll into squares ( thin) place a hot dog of frankfurter onto each square. Put some grated cheese, onion mustard and tomato sauce on each one. Roll them up like a sausage roll. Bake them for around 25 minutes. You then have a "Hot dog roll up".
My dogs love those! J/K
tis I that covets them

Bacon should be soaked in fresh water for 30 minutes and then rinsed before cooking. This helps to wash off some of the salt and nitrites in the meat and reduces your chance of developing cancer from the nitrite.

Ham should also be rinsed under tap water for the same reason.
Bacon should never be eaten, maybe once in a leap year

No! Porky is my pet! Heā€™s very smart & sleeps in bed with me & the dogs! šŸ–šŸ–šŸ–

Most reactions

Back