Sand With Discus

i prefer gravel! though there are a couple of different sands you can use that are good for discus, some will raise your ph ect..... just make sure the sand doesnt affect your water quality, ask your LFS where you can source some!
 
I have gravel with my discus and like it but when you see angelmouses tank with her discus and the sand it makes me want to change to sand everytime!
 
I had early learning centre sand with my discus yrs ago and had no problems with it and with water quality.. I've prefered sand for a while
 
I use a product called eco complete in all my tanks. I had it in a 120 gallon tank with discus. Its black and sandy, yet has some gravel particles in it. It also buffers the Ph down to create an Amazon effect. Its about 20 bucks a bag, 20 lbs. Heres a link to the site where I got mine. Its very easy to clean and makes the discus colors coem out.

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod...amp;pcatid=9087
 

Most reactions

Back
Top