Salifert Magnesium Kit

Cheers Rabbut, that sounds fine. I presume if I increase the hard corals then I increase the amount I test from what you said.

I have a habit of over testing, which would be a waste of test kit really. Once a week is great.

Heh, glad the UV sterilizer worked for you. That application (getting rid of green water) is definitely one of the strengths of the UV :). The rest is debatable to a point, but everyone agrees it works wonders on green water :)

As for the testing, I agree with rabbut. Weekly should be just fine, although you can probably test mag bi-weekly as this will fluctuate far less than calc/alk. Personally, I've got a good handle on calc/alk/mag demands of my system so I only test calc/alk bi-weekly and mag monthly now unless I see something off which I rarely do. Hope that helps.

Sonds good Ski, means the mag test kit will last slightly longer, no point testing if I don't need to. The basic tests I have a good feel for and know when I need to test, just was not sure with those for supplements.

I have to agree, the UV is fantastic for green water, now I can see in to the tank properley I can see the snails have had a field day as the amount on the rocks has halved, I will let them do their thing, adds a bit of colour and not a problem unless it gets any worse.

Slight delay on refugium but should be here this week, the seller was working away. I will change the rowaphos again whilst swapping it to the refugium and then I am at a point where I will be able to see any increase in growth and monitor phosphate levels.

Thanks again, problem well solved.

Most reactions

Back