Sailfin Plecco's

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Amanda shons

Reaction score
Hi all, new here, my daughter set up a tank (550L) so not a small one, or perhaps it is to you experts out there lol. She has now lost interest and tbh it's stressing me. We have two large Sailfin Plecco's (one 40cm in size and the other is 33cm), the larger one is a complete bully to the smaller one and to our two breeding Oscars so I need to re-home him - if anyone is interested please let me know. My daughter says to re-home the Oscars but I am rather attached to them so was wondering if anyone had any ideas on what fish I could house with them, I would love to have some brightly coloured fish but understand that I may be limited to what fish I can have. Any advice would be welcome.

Hi and welcome to the forum :)

If you have a breeding pr of oscar cichlids they should not be housed with smaller fish because they can become quite agro when defending eggs and babies.

Plecos are not normally aggressive unless they are stressed.
Do you have plenty of caves in the tank for the plecos? You can use pvc pipe.
Do you have driftwood in the tank for the plecos? They need this to help their digestion.

If you need to get rid of fish, most pet shops will take unwanted fish from customers, assuming they are in good health. Shops usually give store credit for the fish, which is about 1/3 to 1/2 the retail price of the fish. Ring a few shops and see if they want to buy a big pleco.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back