Rude Lfs

lilacamy931

Starting again
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
3,475
Reaction score
2
Points
0
Location
Bournemouth, UK
I have had it with one of my LFS. They do great equipment but as far as advice and fish goes forget it! Whenever I ring up they either forget to come back to the phone after an enquiry or they ask you to hold to ask someone else and you hear the other person saying rude comments and basically telling whoever is on the phone to ^U*&^^& off. For instance needed to take some fish back a week later, didnt expect store credit just wanted to know if they would. I couldnt hear what the other guy was saying but the one that answered to me kept saying "I cant say that". Another time asked for something particular and there was swearing in the background, not the best service ever...

Little more ranting labelled a dogface puffer a porcupine, told them twice about it never changed. You expect to see one or two dead fish but there have been tankfuls before!

Absolutely appauling! I would have a really big rant but it could take forever.

Has anyone else experienced this?
 
is this the place in creekmore? as their the worst place in dorset!!!!!!!!
 
The LFS in my area is generally polite, although they are built on money making, and everything is quite expensive
 
Just don't give them your money, buy at a better store and eventually they will go out of business.
 
WOW helterskelter you guessed it in one! Glad I am not the only one that thinks so, I think that is also the cream on the pudding SimoUK from what I have experience they charge the most for fish as well (one good thing is the equipment is cheaper).


edit - sorry saltynay missed your post. Unfortunately in Bmth there are not many places about, I only buy equipment there now and beg lifts off of people that can take me further to more lovely shops :) I dont think they will ever go out of business as it is a large store that does all animals including unusual ones. It is just a shame it is the largest in the area and it is so bad. Sorry to rant, just needed to :)
 
not where i go... the fish are reliatively cheap, but the equipment is more expensive, i went in to get one of the small nutrafin test kits as my other had ran out and they were around £26 a piece, i have seen them much cheaper than that, but there is a MUCH better one which i went to the first time yesterday and im going to start going there from now on, much larger choice of fish (and better quality) than that at my usual LFS
 
WOW helterskelter you guessed it in one! Glad I am not the only one that thinks so, I think that is also the cream on the pudding SimoUK from what I have experience they charge the most for fish as well (one good thing is the equipment is cheaper).

Well southern aquatic's is the worst shop i have been to to be honest!!!!

yes their cheap and thats coz the need people to come back.
spend your money wise my friend and not there!
 
I think it is exciting when you discover a new store and it is great! Any particular bargains or fish you have come across?

Helterskelter - I have certainly learnt my lesson with them and will try different paths. Stores I know of in bmth and please add are Proaquatics, DP Fishways, Aquatics in Charminster, Reef World (havent tried here yet).
 
I think it is exciting when you discover a new store and it is great! Any particular bargains or fish you have come across?

Helterskelter - I have certainly learnt my lesson with them and will try different paths. Stores I know of in bmth and please add are Proaquatics, DP Fishways, Aquatics in Charminster, Reef World (havent tried here yet).

their all good shops.

the only other shops worth talking about are MA in chrstchurch and ferndown

all the rest in bournemouth and poole arnt muct good in my opioun.
 
yes i remember them having some VERY nice fish when i went in, im going to go and have a look at what they have got when i go next week, but what did stand out (and im going to get it) was a REALLY nice looking submarine wreck, will add a great center-piece to my tank, i will post piccys when i have put it in there :)
 
You can try going down the lines of reporting the shop to your local council. They wont do anything about the bad advice or staff, but they can do checks to ensure the health of the fish are improved. After a few weeks of me nagging council animal welfare the shop up the road from me has made some improvements.
 
Would love to see piccys!

Star4 - that is not a bad idea, definately will look into that even if it improves the conditions a little. Also not sure about other LFS but one corner of the tanks always seems to be flooded...
 
well what I look for keeps changing but right now a african dwarf frog later a GSP ;) The GSP may have found a Maidenhead in Christchurch for.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top