Round Green Terror?

Balloons&killies

Fishaholic
Reaction score
ok so i went to my lfs a few days ago and i was wondering through the tanks. like usual.
when i look up and see this huge fish! It was a big green terror in a 10g tank! it couldn't even move!$187 for it.
then i notice it round and not long like normal gt's it was round like a circle.!
it was so weird..i think it was stunted but i dont know.. are these lfs's on crack lol.
is there even a fish called a round green terror?

Sounds like a very deformed & stunted fish, if its been kept in that size tank, this is unfortunately what happens. It could also of course, have had a birth deformity, but most likely the conditions its been kept in, poor thing.

Sounds like a very deformed & stunted fish, if its been kept in that size tank, this is unfortunately what happens. It could also of course, have had a birth deformity, but most likely the conditions its been kept in, poor thing.
yehh and it looked like it too.i would not pay $187 for a deformed fish at all. justr a waste of money.i feel so bad for it.

Lol you can buy a Juvi for peanuts that will grow huge in a few months.

Yup sounds like a short body/balloon green terror. They pop up from time to time. As well as the usual balloon rams and pink cons I've seen ballon geophagus, balloon JD's and balloon firemouths. My LFS even has balloon jaguar cichilds in once but sold them all before I could get a look.

med_gallery_2786_196_155290.jpg

5334d1166102900-green-terror-please-advise-gt03.jpg

I think it looks cute, its not like it was made that way, its just a birth defect, I have seen it in Oscars to (on this site).

ok so i went to my lfs a few days ago and i was wondering through the tanks. like usual.
when i look up and see this huge fish! It was a big green terror in a 10g tank! it couldn't even move!$187 for it.
then i notice it round and not long like normal gt's it was round like a circle.!
it was so weird..i think it was stunted but i dont know.. are these lfs's on crack lol.
is there even a fish called a round green terror?

Actually there is a fish called a round body green terror. Like the balloon mollies, they are genetically altered to give them that appearance. I have a baby one myself that I was only able to get because i work at a fs. I haven't been able to see much on the internet and they are hard to get. This prolly explains the large price tag. They are not stunted growth fish. As far as being in a 10 gallon, that is bs man. Whatever store that is stop shopping there cuz that is fish abuse.

Most reactions

Back