Round beetle-like creatures found in my aquarium (and flatworms)

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

ShmolanMcGolan

Reaction score
I need some assistance... I recently bought some aquarium plants, and with them came detritus worms (which I expected) but after a while, small flea looking bugs started swimming around my aquarium. There seem to be two different types as well. Some tend to glide around, while others dart super fast. I do also happen to have a large piece of driftwood that they may have come out of, but I doubt it considering the fact that I had it in the aquarium well before I got the plants. If anybody could assist me in identifying these little buggers, I'd very much appreciate it.

Edit: It seems as though I have flatworms as well. Earlier this morning while I was slightly rearranging my aquarium layout, I saw some small white worms crawling on my glass and through the substrate. It also seems as though the "bug-like creatures" have almost completely dissipated. There were maybe 5 swimming around today, as opposed to the dozens I found yesterday. It also seems as though my camera is too low res to get any good pictures of them, although I was able to get pictures of the said flatworms.

Attachments

• 103.JPG
    103.JPG
    83.5 KB · Views: 47
  • 105.JPG
    105.JPG
    67.7 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
How big are they? Colin's right, pics or video would be very helpful if you can get a camera to focus on something that small. I suspect daphnia and/or seed shrimp, both of which are harmless and good fish food.

How big are they? Colin's right, pics or video would be very helpful if you can get a camera to focus on something that small. I suspect daphnia and/or seed shrimp, both of which are harmless and good fish food.
I'd say they're about the size of Lincolns eyeball on the penny. I'll try to get some pictures asap. And after looking into the two creatures you suggested they may be, you seem to be right.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back