Rotala spec. "Nanjenshan"

GraemeK

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
i just bought one of these and i found out they like very bright light! argh my mistake.
the plants bending at an angle towards the front of the tank? some growth is doing a wriggling motion as though it doesnt know whether to face upwards or outwards?

i guess there isnt enough light but i cant get any more into the tank without ripping off my custom hood!

i'll probably have to change it for a medium light loving plant. the tank is 33gal and lit by 2 x 20w 24" power-glo tubes for 10 hours a day.

How about upgrading the light bulbs to stronger ones. I did that on my tank and now have a jungle :)

i just upgraded the tubes to power-glo's...the tank is a hagen tropiquarium 88 and has a built in light unit in the hood which can only take 24" T8 tubes (1" dia) with a max of 20w each!
so i'm running the most powerful tubes i can get. the hood has a kind of built in reflecter but its white pastic. maybe i could use tin foil instead?

Give it a try. It may increase the temperature of the water a bit so less effort will be required from your heater. Does anyone else know if this will be okay, I can't see a problem myself :no:

i've already turned down the heater as i noticed the temperature had risen to 77-79c

i'm going to a fish shop at lunch to see if i can pick up a nice low growing plant which needs medium light as i may be fighting a losing battle on this one!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back