Rosy Reds

FishySarah

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Sep 17, 2006
Messages
167
Reaction score
0
Points
0
I went to the lfs and picked up a bunch of feeder minnows for my frog. I thought maybe I should vary his diet a little. So I fed him the brown ones over the course of a week, and then I was looking at the cute little pinkish white ones, and thought, hey, they are kind of cute. Maybe I should keep them.

And now I just read that rosy reds are bad for frogs. What to do with them!

Are these also called White Cloud Minnows? Are they compatible with tropical fish such as platys, mollies, guppies and tetras? How big do they get, do they stay small? I have a few empty tanks I could put them in if they stay small. I would like to mix them in with my tropicals if I may. What do you think? They are in an unheated tank now, but I am wondering if they can be in a tropical tank? I think they are kind of cute and now I'm hearing they shouldn't be fed to Godzilla after all. And I do feel kind of guildty keeping fish and feeding other fish to the frog, and he doens't really NEED live food...and the rosy reds inhibit him from digesting vitamin b...what do you think? A big question is how big they get...
 

Most reactions

Back
Top