Roseline shark not moving

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Biglog

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
My roseline shark is just floating like this in the water and barely moving every 30 seconds or so. Any idea what’s going on? There is a lot of algae so just cleaned the tank and 40% water change. Keep having amano shrimp disappear so could he be the culprit?
0 ammonia
0 nitrites
10 nitrates
180 GH
80 KH
7.4 pH
77 temp

Attachments

• F7EBD7C5-4904-43CC-8C0B-91700A2B5DD8.jpeg
    F7EBD7C5-4904-43CC-8C0B-91700A2B5DD8.jpeg
    256 KB · Views: 50
My roseline shark is just floating like this in the water and barely moving every 30 seconds or so. Any idea what’s going on? There is a lot of algae so just cleaned the tank and 40% water change
0 ammonia
0 nitrites
10 nitrates
180 GH
80 KH
7.4 pH
77 temp
You may have shocked the fish during the water change with a drastic change in minerals or temperature.

I have a big volcano air stone and 24” bubble bar so I think pretty good
Not sure what the issue is, how old the roseline? What tankmates are there? Is there any sign of it being picked on by others

I know these as Torpedo Barbs and yes, I suspect this maybe the reason for the decline in your shrimp population.
This is a fish that needs company of its own species, so I'm hoping it does have other Torpedo Barbs for company.
PLease check this link out from Seriously Fish, for Sahyadria denisonii.

I know these as Torpedo Barbs and yes, I suspect this maybe the reason for the decline in your shrimp population.
This is a fish that needs company of its own species, so I'm hoping it does have other Torpedo Barbs for company.
PLease check this link out from Seriously Fish, for Sahyadria denisonii.
I have had it about 8 months and there are 3 of them and the other 2 are fine. The only “picking on” I’ve seen is between the 3 of them. I thought the angel fish were to blame for the missing shrimp but I guess it must be him.

I have had it about 8 months and there are 3 of them and the other 2 are fine. The only “picking on” I’ve seen is between the 3 of them. I thought the angel fish were to blame for the missing shrimp but I guess it must be him.
'Him' and his companions. ;)
Seriously, if you had more in the shoal, there'd probably be less aggression between them.

'Him' and his companions. ;)
Seriously, if you had more in the shoal, there'd probably be less aggression between them.
Depending on tank size I’d recommend about 7 for a shoal to keep them all happy. I know it’s extremely unlikely but is there a possibility that eating one of the shrimp that maybe the shell damaged an organ of the fish and that’s why it’s floating around

I had a dwarf neon gourami that died and I noticed several missing shrimp so maybe the same thing happened here? I didn’t realize that they would eat the shrimp but I guess no more shrimp for this tank

It is constantly opening it’s mouth like it’s trying to digest something so that’s why I’m thinking it’s the shrimp theory.

Tank measurements ?
What water do you use ? If
tapp.jpg
water do you dechlorine it and how ?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back