Roma 240 slow burn...

The crypts are doing very well, they've filled out again with lots of new growth and are throwing out babies all over the place. The hygrophila is struggling though, mainly because the rainbows use it as a free salad bar 😅 which I don't mind at all. I feed them a variety of green flake and spirulina, along with a vitamin flake which they love a lot. They also get whatever live food I can get hold of, mostly mozzie larvae and BBS.

I've not seen any more symptoms from any of the other fish, I have 4 Praecox left which are of the old stock...all the new Praecox died. The Boesemani though are thriving, the colours are insane. I don't have enough females unfortunately so there's a bit of argy-bargy between the boys. Other than that, all is good!

Really glad things are turning a corner :) tank is looking really good but clean your glass ;)

I've not seen any more symptoms from any of the other fish, I have 4 Praecox left which are of the old stock...all the new Praecox died. The Boesemani though are thriving, the colours are insane. I don't have enough females unfortunately so there's a bit of argy-bargy between the boys. Other than that, all is good!
That's pretty much standard behaviour with male rainbowfish even if you have plenty of females. I had 4 males and 10 females in a tank and the males sent 99% of their time showing off to each other and about 1% with the girls. It was like, look at me, I'm prettier than you. Oh no your not. Except it was the guys talking that way.

That's pretty much standard behaviour with male rainbowfish even if you have plenty of females. I had 4 males and 10 females in a tank and the males sent 99% of their time showing off to each other and about 1% with the girls. It was like, look at me, I'm prettier than you. Oh no your not. Except it was the guys talking that way.
Well I'm good with the numbers then if that's the case!

Thats interesting I have a 3 year old and was wondering when to get her started!
The sooner the better. Don't wait for her to realise what free will is otherwise you're stuffed

Gorgeous! Love the Cherry Barbs! Going shopping tomorrow and a good chance they are coming home, especially if I can find the albinos!

Thanks! And thanks for not laughing at my very terrible camera skills 😂 plants are not in good shape at the mo, working on it!

Yes, I love the cherries! I feel they're quite underrated in the hobby but they're awesome little fish and add a vivid pop of colour

20230918_212318.jpg

Nice water change and hack back done. The Balansae is really curly and doesn't seem to want to grow taller. I'll shove some root tabs in tomorrow to see if I can give it a boost, there's lots of new leaves so it's still growing. I've had a dormant lotus bulb sitting around for the best part of the year, it's now in the fridge as an experiment to see if I can get it sprouting again 😅 worth a try!

Both the Rainbows and Cherrys are flaring and showing off, all happy. Grindal starter culture arrived today, hopefully I can get them going to replace the summer mozzie buffet they've been having.

Its looking great! Whats the big green crypt at the back left.

Thank you! That is Cryptocoryne Usteriana 😍
I thought so love how bright green it is towards the back. I feel like I've said it before but have you thought about adding some stones in between the plants and the sand? If you could get a couple of sizes in there it might look more natural rather than the initial step up to the plants?

I thought so love how bright green it is towards the back. I feel like I've said it before but have you thought about adding some stones in between the plants and the sand? If you could get a couple of sizes in there it might look more natural rather than the initial step up to the plants?
I have been looking at stone but I'm indecisive and can't pick the right ones...I know I want round but I can't choose the colour. I figure because the sand is dark I should probably go dark with the stone as well, but I'd like to lighten it up a bit

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back