rods food add freaking my pc out

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Colin_T

Fish Guru
Reaction score
Sorry to the people advertising Rods Food but is there any way of changing that advert?

Every time I load a page with the Rod's Food adverts, my computer goes nuts and runs flat out until I close the page. This is bad for a forum and even worse because my pc is only 2 months old and should not have issues with adverts.

My pc is a 2 month old HP laptop running windows 10 pro. It has a 2.2ghz chip, 8 gig of ram, 1tb hard-drive, graphics card, etc. I am using Microsoft edge web browser, and have no other programs running when this happens.

Having written all this, my pc is not running flat out while I am writing this and there are 2 rods food adds on the page.

Anyone know what's going on?

People actually use Edge? Are you using an add blocker?

My Browser setup.
Mozilla Firefox: uBlock Origin, Cookie AutoDelete, Privacy Badger, Decentraleyes, Signed Pages, Fraudscore, HTTPS Everywhere

lol, yes some of us oldies still use ms edge :)

no to add blockers.

time to switch to firefox :)

Those ads are animated gif files, I don't see how they could require that much process from your computer to display. We don't allow any flash or HTML5 ads that would normally cause such issues. My computer is an old mac (about 5 years old) and I don't have any issues using Chrome or Firefox.

Could it be something else going on?

no idea whats going on. All I know is when I open pages and they have the add my cpu starts going nuts. I close the page and cpu settles down again. :(

Hmm. Can you try Chrome and see if you have the same results? I wonder if it's possibly a google ad that's causing the problem.

You shouldn't really be surfing the net without protection, I suggest you join bleepingcomputer.com and start a post in our Am I infected? What do I do? section, we will help you clean up and secure your PC.

Most reactions

Back