Rocking Gourami

Ritingyou

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
My oplain gourami has sudenly started rocking back and forth.. I may just be over reacting but considering that I have lost 3 fish this week due to other issues I rather not take my chances..

I had a gold male gourami that became to aggressive and he nipped my oplain gouramis top fin so it looks a little swollen. I returned the gold gourami and she has been like this for 2 days now. Could that be the cause of the rocking? If it is what can I do to help her?
I'll try to get a pic as soon as I can.

Angeloplaingourami.jpg

oplaingouramifin.jpg

Oplaingourami.jpg

I always feel badly if no one responds to a plea. Thing is that I have no experience with this. But take a look at this link.
http://www.gbasonline.org/disease_chart.htm

Look under the G's at gourami disease. This is a chart from a name brand medication company but there is no reason you have to use their stuff.
Again, I'm not diagnosing as I have never seen this disease but wanted to give you something to work with.

Good luck and I would be interested to see what you find.

karin

I always feel badly if no one responds to a plea. Thing is that I have no experience with this. But take a look at this link.
http://www.gbasonline.org/disease_chart.htm

Look under the G's at gourami disease. This is a chart from a name brand medication company but there is no reason you have to use their stuff.
Again, I'm not diagnosing as I have never seen this disease but wanted to give you something to work with.

Good luck and I would be interested to see what you find.

karin

Thanks for helping. Nothing on there described her fin. But then a day later she turned brown around the mouth and grey around the fin. I checked again and she caught a case of rot. She died that same night :( All the other fish seem to be doing pretty good though so maybe it was just a case of bad luck..

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back